Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2013 01:00

Bluetooth headset connects but no sound is heard

Hello, I am using a XPS 15 L502X. I am having a weird issue related to the bluetooth headset. I am able to pair and connect it to my windows 7 OS but I am not able to hear any sound even after I set it as the default device. Even the test sound cannot be heard but I can see the sound meter jumping up and down(implying that sound is being played). I am sure that my headset is not broken because I can hear it cleary in my ubuntu OS. This is the first time I am having this problem and I have previously used it on my windows 7. Any help would be appreciated :)

4.4K Posts

June 15th, 2013 03:00

Hi richlair,

Welcome to the Community,

Did you try to set your Bluetooth Headset as default play back device, while the media player( which ever you're using) was running?

I would suggest you remove and repair your Bluetooth headset. After it gets paired, set it as default play back device and then try to run the media player.

Let me know if running the media player, after setting up the Bluetooth headset helps.

Thank You

1 Message

January 19th, 2015 17:00

You were absolutely right.  thank you.   I have a ACER running window 8.1  I went into the control panel then device manager.  i uninstall my bluetooth controller software and did a scan for new devices.  i found the bluetooth controller and installed the drives.  Now the bluetooth works again.  what a pain.

Thanks!

Clive Grant

10 Posts

June 16th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for replying.

I had closed all the media players and removed and repaired my headset but to no avail. The problem is not with the media player because even the test sound doesn't play(and so doesn't any media player's sound).

Waiting for more suggestions... 

4.4K Posts

June 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi richlair,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Audio driver, even if you get normal sound through system speakers and normal headset(wired). This will help to make sure the issue is not related with audio driver.

To uninstall audio driver, access Device Manager, expand Sound, video and gamecontrollers, right click Audio card listed, select uninstall, put check mark for delete driver software( if you get that option), click OK.

Reboot the system  and use this link below to download and reinstall driver:

lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

After reinstalling the driver, reboot system, pair your Bluetooth headset, set it as default playback device and test it.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You

10 Posts

June 20th, 2013 06:00

I reinstalled the driver and checked the headset, but still I can't hear any sounds yet (same problem).

I forgot to mention that I can hear the beep sounds in the headset that occur when the device has been connected.

I wonder if maybe I am not connecting it properly.
Here is what I do:

1) Pair the devices by going to Bluetooth - Add a device.

2) Once the pairing is successful (it installs three drivers and says device is connected), I go to Bluetooth - Show Bluetooth Devices.

3) Double click on the Byte Headset icon and click Listen to Music.

4) Then it says connected (along with a beep sound in the headset).

Note: The system speakers and wired headsets work perfectly.

Thanks.

4.4K Posts

June 20th, 2013 08:00

After pairing the headset, access Control Panel, Sound, select Playback, it should list your Bluetooth headset, select it an click Set Default, select Apply, OK.

Now check if it works.

10 Posts

June 25th, 2013 03:00

Sorry for not replying for a few days but I was not available. Anyway, I did that and still the same problem persists :( I thought that maybe the headset was muted by default and I increased the headset volume to maximum(by clicking on the volume increase button on the headset) but well, that didn't work either.

4.4K Posts

June 25th, 2013 04:00

Have you recently tried using your Bluetooth headphone on a different system? If possible, please try a different Bluetooth headphone on your system and check if it works

June 27th, 2013 18:00

I had this very same issue and was digging around everywhere for answers when I came across your post.  Although I found no answer anywhere online, I did finally manage to get the issue fixed.  I have an Asus and I use a bluetooth usb adapter, but otherwise everything was exactly the same issue you have where the headset would work fine with other devices such as my phones and tablets, but not in Windows 7 although it would connect and could be set as the default playback device, but would not play anything.  I tried every checkbox and setting in bluetooth settings and in sound playback devices.  The headset was working correctly a few days ago and I have tried removing it and rebooting the computer several times to no avail.

What eventually fixed the issue was going into the device manager (you can right-click on Computer and select Manage and then select Device Manager on the left), find Bluetooth Radios near the top of the list on the right and expand that option.  I have a  Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device and a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator listed.  I first tried disabling the Microsoft device, but it want to reboot my computer, so I decided to go ahead and Uninstall the Broadcom device before rebooting.  Once I uninstalled it, both of the devices were removed from the list as expected.  I never did reboot and just decided to remove the physical bluetooth adapter from the usb port and plugged it back in to allow it to reinstall all drivers.  Once the drivers finished installing again, I reconnected my headset, set it as the default playback device again, and gave it a try and now it works just fine again.

1 Message

June 28th, 2013 14:00

i have the same problem w/new Jabra bluetooth headset.  Dell INSP1440, Win 7, SP 1 w/IDT HD audio.  All of updates done, all external lights and synching work on headset, but no sound x/c beep from headset that it's working.  Unable to get headset to "list" on the IDT HD audio setup screens.  Device manager under "Sound, video and audio controllers" lists "Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio" - checked for updates, OK.   Under "Bluetooth radios" have "Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator".  The headset does show under "Devices and Printers" under "Devices".  Any ideas?

Tks. 

10 Posts

July 1st, 2013 07:00

@DELL-Roshan L

Yes, my bluetooth headset works in different computers and unfortunately, since I don't have any other bluetooth headset, I am not able to test it here on my system but the bluetooth mouse works just fine!

@jajwarehouse

Thanks for the suggestion, I did as you told and reinstalled the bluetooth drivers from the Dell System Resource CD, but then due to some problems with the driver, after pairing up my headset, I am not able to see it in the sound playback devices.

Upon searching in google to see if anyone else had the same problem, I hit upon this topic http://goo.gl/dsRRy and it seems the answer was to update my Broadcam Bluetooth drivers from the given website.

I just have one final follow-up problem with my updating of the broadcam bluetooth drivers. When I run the setup, it gets stuck trying to detect my bluetooth device.
Snapshot of the window here:
http://i.imgur.com/AlRIt0y.png.

I have made sure that bluetooth is switched on but still it is not being recognized. Any ideas on how to fix this?

@gudakesha

You should also try reinstalling and updating your bluetooth drivers, I guess.

July 1st, 2013 07:00

It appears now your headset is not entering pairing mode.  I am not sure which one you have, but I know mine will not enter pairing mode if any other device it has been paired to such as my phone is near and has bluetooth turned on, even if it is disconnected.  So, be sure all other devices the headset has been paired to have bluetooth turned off and follow the directions of how to place the headset in pairing mode.  Hopefully it will show up on the computer then.

4.4K Posts

July 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi richlair,

If bluetooth mouse works fine, then it should not be a problem with the bluetooth driver. If the driver you're trying is not getting installed, then try reinstalling the bluetooth driver from our support website  and check if it helps.

6 Posts

August 11th, 2013 09:00

even i had the same problem and your post helped me a lot

thanks a lot man

August 29th, 2013 01:00

Hi richlair,

Welcome to the Community,

Did you try to set your Bluetooth Headset as default play back device, while the media player( which ever you're using) was running?

I would suggest you remove and repair your Bluetooth headset. After it gets paired, set it as default play back device and then try to run the media player.

Let me know if running the media player, after setting up the Bluetooth headset helps.

Thank You

Hi Roshan

I have read all related posts on Bluetooth pairing, I have almost similar problem, the thing is, I was able to pair my BB903+ Bluetooth headset and added as new device, however, trying to make as default sound giving me problem. It shows in the sound device, but default setting is disable, that explain why I could not make my Bluetooth headset as default sound.

I have the following:

DELL Latitude E6430

Win 7 x64 bit

Apologies if I did not make new topic on this issue.

thank you in advance.

No Events found!