Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2013 12:00

Bluetooth issue connecting two XPS 14's

Hello,

Just bought two XPS 14 laptops. Great machines, but having a problem connecting them together via. Bluetooth.

Can see each machine however they will not connect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

March 2nd, 2013 22:00

Hi Anthony_Masucci,

Please share the model number of the XPS 14 series laptops (XPS L401X, XPS L412Z, XPS L421X) and the operating system installed on both the laptops.
  1. Click the Bluetooth icon on the system tray.
  2. Click 'Open Settings'.
  3. Ensure that the settings are selected shown in the image are selected.

Once done, try to add the Bluetooth device. Click the Bluetooth icon on the system tray.

1. Click 'Add a Device'.
  2. Select the device from the list and click Next.
  3. A pairing code will be displayed on your computer.
  4. Enter the pairing code on the device you are trying to connect and click Next.

Note: If the pairing code is not entered within 40-45 seconds, then an error message 'Adding this device to this computer failed' appears on the window. Click 'Try Again' to start the process again.

Please try these steps and share the status.

March 3rd, 2013 05:00

Thank you for your help. I had the settings correct.

The issue was it was timing out. I was waiting to long.

Best regards

March 3rd, 2013 16:00

Thanks for the response.
As you mentioned, the delay in entering the pass code was the cause of connection failure.
I am glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to revert for any further assistance.

1 Message

August 19th, 2013 23:00

Hi im currently experiencing problem connecting with my bluetooth in Dell XPS 14z to connecth with my blackberry 9790.

I have followed the directions to allow it bluetooth to be discoverable both on my laptop and cell phone however after pairing up the file transfer from my phone to my laptop is not working.

Please let me know if there are limitation for bluetooth compatibility between the blackberry and dell. Thanks

No Events found!