Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2015 00:00

Bluetooth not working for Inspiron 17 3721 after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my Inspiron 17 3721 from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, the process was smooth but after the upgrade was completed, I am not able to use the Bluetooth at all, I can see the devices names in the list which were connected when I was using Windows 8 but when I try to connect, it shows failure, I have tried searching over internet but not able to find a perfect solution.

May 10th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

I think we might have to update the Windows 8.1 driver for the wireless/bluetooth card. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

Also please take a screenshot of the device manager, with the Network Adapter, Bluetooth and other devices expanded and post it here. (To access the Device Manager, Click on Start and search for Device Manager or go to the Control Panel>Device Manager). It would help me to check for the required drivers. 

Awaiting your reply,

May 10th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find the screen shot for device manager.

May 13th, 2015 03:00

Hi, 

Thanks for the details. 

Please install the DW1705_W8.14_X01_A00_Setup-XHGTY_ZPE.exe driver from the following link, as it the driver for Dell Wireless 1705 card that is installed on your computer:

http://dell.to/1KIbCgq  

Please let me know if it works. 

34 Posts

May 13th, 2015 22:00

There are some advice here for you: 

1. Reinstall the driver

2. Install newdrivers from intel or easydriver software

No Events found!