Mukhlis
1 Nickel

Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 for Inspiron N5010

Jump to solution

Previously on Windows 7 the Bluetooth worked fine, but as I updated my Windows 10 from Windows 7 there is no option or not a single hint of Bluetooth in my inspiron N5010. Please provide me the link of compatible driver for this.

I have downloaded the Bluetooth driver for this laptop from dell drivers and run it as compatible for Windows 7, but it also didn't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaktitsM
1 Nickel

RE: Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 for Inspiron N5010

Jump to solution

Well, right when the computer starts up displaying the "Dell" logo, press F2 (or del or something, I think it varies from computer to computer) to enter BIOS. Then just search it for Bluetooth option. Disable, save, restart, enable. Here is a picture I just pulled from the web to ilustrate rougly what to expect in the BIOS. It can be a bit different from PC to PC. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Try to use bluetooth driver from Lenovo http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h0wz03ww.exe or use XP driver R197652.

Hope this helps!

KaktitsM
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hey! After I upgrade to windows 10 by bluetooth adapted seemed to disappear too. What I did to solve it was - disable internal bluetooth in BIOS, restart, re-enable it. Then it appeared in device manager and I was able to install whatever driver I want. 

Though, now my bluetooth is disconnecting at random for no obvious reason.. trying to figure this one out.

0 Kudos
Mukhlis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Try to use bluetooth driver from Lenovo http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h0wz03ww.exe or use XP driver R197652.

Hope this helps!

It says remove the already installed bluetooth device, how can I remove it if i don't know where it is? And my laptop is of Dell, so would lenovo's driver work on Dell?

Mukhlis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hey! After I upgrade to windows 10 by bluetooth adapted seemed to disappear too. What I did to solve it was - disable internal bluetooth in BIOS, restart, re-enable it. Then it appeared in device manager and I was able to install whatever driver I want. 

Though, now my bluetooth is disconnecting at random for no obvious reason.. trying to figure this one out.

How to disable internal bluetooth in BIOS?

KaktitsM
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Well, right when the computer starts up displaying the "Dell" logo, press F2 (or del or something, I think it varies from computer to computer) to enter BIOS. Then just search it for Bluetooth option. Disable, save, restart, enable. Here is a picture I just pulled from the web to ilustrate rougly what to expect in the BIOS. It can be a bit different from PC to PC. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, it would. If you want to remove the device , visit Device Manager.

0 Kudos
peninta
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem dell must provide the new driver a.s.a.p 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Aborghes
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue with the insperon 7548 and windows 10
Tried to install several drivers with no luck. 
The intel driver update software reports and incorrect driver version but nothing on the intel or dell driver offering seem to work. 

0 Kudos
Mukhlis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Tried your method, but still my bluetooth is not working.

0 Kudos