Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2010 15:00

Bluetooth on Mini 1010

all right, I have been all over the internet for this one and I cannot figure it out. I bought a Dell Mini1010 last year before coming to Korea so the wife and I could stay in touch. I know it had blue tooth when I got it because I transferred songs from my phone to the laptop. Somewhere over the last year, the blue tooth disappeared. I am running Windows XP SP3. Installed is a Broadcom BT2046.

• It shows up as working properly in device manager.

• It doesn't show an icon in the system tray.

• I have reset the BIOS to factory settings and ensured that blue tooth was enabled

• I have reinstalled the WIDCOMM software.

• I have reinstalled every driver for both the wireless LAN and the bluetooth

• I have the stupid pink icon in the system tray that allows me to turn on the bluetooth and wireless LAN

• my firewall is turned on

• I am running Avast (if that makes a difference)

• my network connection shows that my bluetooth adapter is working fine, and that there are no issues, but there is a red X showing no connection. Repair, however is grayed out.

I have reinstalled the BT software and drivers (again), and found a folder on the hard drive called "My Bluetooth Places" When I click on anything in that folder, however, I get one of the two following messages:

1: Bluetooth device not found

2: Please verify that your bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on.

My cellphone detects my computer, but my MP3 player does not. My cell phone, however can not connect. On the phone I get a message asking me if the passcode is correct, but nothing happens on the computer.

I bought a dongle, thinking that installing it would force the BT software to reset, but no luck. And the dongle doesn't work either, because it says no BT device is connected.

No Responses!
    No Events found!