8 Xenon

Re: Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Jump to solution

What's the Dell part number on the battery?

0 Kudos
Shortshoot
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I see some specs here but don't know which one's right.

it says

TYPE: X284G

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi dude...this is utkarsh..actually i m facing exactly the same problem..u had.my inspiron 1545 is about 3.5 yrs old..battery backup was totally down,charger also showd plugged in but  not charging ,replaced my old battry n charger..but still that yellow exclamatory sign and shut down problem after 40 percnt battery used...can you please tell me how  you fixed your this problem...it will be very kind of you ...and one more thing my battery is ok perhaps as it is working fine on other dell laptops....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi chinmay...this is utkarsh..actually i am facing exactly the same problem..he had....my inspiron 1545 is about 3.5 yrs old..battery backup was totally down,charger also showd plugged in but  not charging ,replaced my old battry n charger and bought a new dell battery and charger..but  that yellow exclamatory sign always showing your battery is low even if 99% and shut down problem after 40 percnt battery used...can you please tell me  i fixed this problem...it will be very kind of you ...and one more thing my battery and charger  is ok  as they are working fine on other dell laptops....and i have also updated my bios or the other things you have said..thnkyou

0 Kudos
Shortshoot
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..

the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.

so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.

1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.

click "More power options"

2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"

3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.

4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!

5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.

6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values

--> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)

---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)

Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!

So I hope this works!

Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

Jump to solution

thanks man..you are the life saver...was really annoying to be always wary of your computer being shutdown anytime despite having a brand new battery ..dealers and dell even adviced to change the motherboard..:D but thanks to this  dell community..i found you..'the saviour' 🙂 serosly thanks a ton for your help..it was really nice of you..:)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thanks man..you are the life saver...was really annoying to be always wary of your computer being shutdown anytime despite having a brand new battery ..dealers and dell even adviced to change the motherboard..:D but thanks to this  dell community..i found you..'the saviour' 🙂 serosly thanks a ton for your help..it was really nice of you..:)

0 Kudos
Shortshoot
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You're welcome. Actually I found this answer probably 6 months back when i was facing the same problem as you were.

then today i get an email that this thread was updated by your question so i came back here and posted the solution, just because i know how annoying it would be to see your battery yell LOW!

Anyways, I'm glad i helped you!!!

😄 all the best.

Highlighted
kalpi bansal
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thanku so much.....i did the same thing and it worked

0 Kudos
Junayd
1 Copper

RE: Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Jump to solution

Yes Bruv. thanks it worked perfectly for mine. i was made confused by BIOS settings and blah blah...:emotion-21::emotion-2:

0 Kudos