Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 5th, 2012 08:00

Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hello.

I've been using a Dell inspiron 1545 from about 3 years now and exactly after 2 years of my buy, the battery failed and it started showing me to replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery.

I didn't take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in. After 4-5 months of such usage, My battery completely failed and doesn't even offer me even a minute of backup, when i remove the power socket. Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell.

Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type. After i removed my defected battery, I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine. its charging well but at some time, it says "Plugged in, But not charging" Which is rare for any new battery, which is bought brand new.

This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup. it is providing me a backup, but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it. Which I think should not be present. it also says "Low battery" when there's already 99% of battery left!

I've also followed some online steps

1) updated by BIOS to the latest  2) Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc...

i would love to get this problem solved. I'm using a PA-12 family adapter, which is also a replaced one. So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated.

THANKS!

January 28th, 2013 21:00

thanks man..you are the life saver...was really annoying to be always wary of your computer being shutdown anytime despite having a brand new battery ..dealers and dell even adviced to change the motherboard..:D but thanks to this  dell community..i found you..'the saviour' :) serosly thanks a ton for your help..it was really nice of you..:)

9 Posts

January 28th, 2013 22:00

You're welcome. Actually I found this answer probably 6 months back when i was facing the same problem as you were.

then today i get an email that this thread was updated by your question so i came back here and posted the solution, just because i know how annoying it would be to see your battery yell LOW!

Anyways, I'm glad i helped you!!!

:D all the best.

1 Message

May 13th, 2013 11:00

thanku so much.....i did the same thing and it worked

1 Message

October 6th, 2013 05:00

Yes Bruv. thanks it worked perfectly for mine. i was made confused by BIOS settings and blah blah...:emotion-21::emotion-2:

1 Message

October 15th, 2013 12:00

Wow dude.....you have described the right steps in such a clear way! thanks a ton. I was so upset after buying new battery, i thought i was duped. And i was frustrated with the my laptop hibernating every time switching to battery power. I even brought batteries of my friends to check if there is problem in my laptop. but...ohhh...so relieved i am...thanks again :) :)

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2014 21:00

This Helped me ...Thanks

1 Message

June 22nd, 2014 09:00

Your Laptop Battery setting was changed by some reason (yourself or virus). I have just see the mehod to fix it on Youtube:

I hope it 's helfful for you.

1 Message

December 8th, 2014 09:00

Awsome Answer and very well explained. It saved my life .. .. :)

1 Message

May 10th, 2016 10:00

This fixed the problem for me. Thanks a bunch! :emotion-1:

November 5th, 2016 13:00

thank you brother..its worked...

No Events found!