8 Krypton

Brand New XPS 15. Backlight is not working

HI,

I have tried fn f6 and I can't find the Windows Mobility center which is mentioned in the other posts about this problem. I am running Windows 8.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Re: Brand New XPS 15. Backlight is not working

Hi Steve,

I suggest you to uninstall the quickset drivers, restarting the computer and reinstalling the Quickset drivers.

Access the Windows Tools Menu by use the key combination WIN KEY + X, from the list of options select “Programs and features”, in “Programs and features” window right click “Quickset” or “Quickset64” and select Uninstall, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation and restart the system.

Install the Quickset drivers.

Restart the system and Press Fn + F6 to enable backlight on the keyboard.

Kindly post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Nikhil,

When I tried installing them, I got an error message saying this isn't a supported system.

Steve

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hello Nikhil,

Are you there?

When I tried reinstalling the Quickset drivers, I got an error message saying this isn't a supported system.

-Steve

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I just tried installing the a second time with the same results, which is weird because they had been installed originally and I uninstalled them. Why would a re-installation be an issue?

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please try to install this Quickset driver and check if that helps.

Also, please post the complete system model and results.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

This version of quickset loaded. I restarted the computer and still no backlight. It is an XPS L521X.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You can change backlight settings such as power save mode, backlight status etc.

Browse to c:\program file\dell\quickset and  Launch BacklitKB.exe. the page looks as follows:

Change the Keyboard lighting settings as per the image and click ‘Ok’.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Nikhil,

It still doesn't work. My backlight window looks like the following:

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

This situation requires more research, for me to also understand the system specifications, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, Click on my user name and Click start conversation. 

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos