Highlighted
Garcia242
Copper

Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing.

Hello, I have a brand new Inspiron 15 7559 that is having some issues. First and foremost the keyboard is useless after the computer goes to sleep. This just started a few days ago, about a month after receiving it. The screen comes back on after opening the lid and the touch pad works fine. But no buttons on the keyboard produce any response. The keyboard becomes backlit like normal but does not produce anything on the screen when I try to put in my password/pin. I can click on the Ease of Access button and get the on screen keyboard to appear. This does work and allows me to input my pin. But that's no way for my laptop to run. And a laptop without a keyboard is pretty useless. 

My second problem is that my computer no longer sees my Nvidia dedicated graphics card. I only mention this here because I am not sure that the 2 issues are unrelated. I noticed a few days ago that the Nvidia icon was not in my system tray ( I think that's what it's called) like it normally is. So I opened it manually and it told me that it could not find a driver for this computer. That is odd because just the previous day I had been looking in the program and all was fine. So I followed the link to get a driver. I followed all the instructions on the Nvidia site and downloaded the driver for the card my computer came with. But when installing it a window popped up saying that no hardware could be found on my computer for that driver. Not sure why it doesn't see it. 

Not sure why these issues would be related but they did start at roughly the same time. Again this is a month old lap top and neither of these issues were there before a couple of days ago.

Help?

1 Reply
MsGems
Silver

RE: Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing.

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

0 Kudos