Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 26th, 2016 07:00

Brand new Xps 13 (9350) is faulty, freezes and becomes unresponsive, laptop is unusable

Hello,

The Xps 13 core i5 8gb RAM and 256SDD i ordered from the dell website was delivered today with a major problem, it freezes frequently and I am forced to turn off/on the laptop for it to become responsive only for it to freeze again forcing me to repeat turning it off/on.

This problem began during the setup of the laptop. As i was following the instructions during the setup i noticed a few grey horizontal lines momentarily appear on my screen (they looked like static) followed by the laptop no longer responding to any commands (i can still trigger the back-lit keyboard though oddly enough).

During the setup (after the first incident) tilting the screen would cause the same lines to appear and cause the laptop to freeze and need to be restarted again, this happened three more times in the setup alone.

When setup finished it stopped occurring for a little while so i thought i was in the clear, however the laptop soon started to freeze again, these freezes were usually led by one of the following1) The same grey lines as the setup incidents 2) Screen momentarily turning black then returning to normal (but frozen) 3) Screen experiencing heavy static-like lines, turning black then returning to normal (but frozen) 4) Just straight freezing with no lines or blacking out.

Twice ive gotten a kmode exception not handled blue page message when i restarted the laptop however since the % was not moving from 0 even after waiting a considerable amount of time i simply restarted the laptop. Also had a IQRL not less or equal to message and a 'unexpected kernal mode trap' message, neither of which were doing anything productive that i could see so i restarted the laptop both times.

Im so sorry if i have any gramatical mistakes or was not concise about a specific part of the experience but the laptops frozen five times while i wrote this so im just going to post it before we get another episode.

Is there anything i can do about this? I wouldnt mind simply exchanging or refunding the laptop to be completely honest.

2 Posts

February 26th, 2016 23:00

Have Dell replace it.

JohnD

Ive never used Dell before, could you please tell me how i would go about getting them to replace it? And how long it will take aswell if thats ok :-)

380 Posts

February 26th, 2016 23:00

Have Dell replace it.

JohnD

No Events found!