Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2010 14:00

Brand new inspiron 1318..very dim screen

I just took my inspiron 1318 out of its package. When plugged in, the screen is bright and very nice, but when I unplug it the screen is very dim. I have it as high as the brightness will go. Is this normal?

11 Posts

March 10th, 2010 15:00

When your computer starts up, hit the f-2 key and go into the bios, there is a setting to  make your display dim when it isn't plugged in (power saver). Also, while holding the FN key hit the up arrow to make it brighter, Down arrow to make it dimmer. If you are unsure of what you're doing in there, call dell and they will tell you exactly what you need to do (after about 45 minutes of troubleshooting) :P

Also, Look under video in the bios, LCD Brightness.

263 Posts

March 10th, 2010 14:00

syonley,

This is somewhat normal depending on how the power plan is set up. You get full brightness when on AC but dimmer on battery to save power and make the battery last longer. Open the control panel and go to display. There you can set the power paln that's best for you.

Hope this helps.

263 Posts

Check your manual when you get time, there might more options.

8 Posts

Thank you for responding.

I did goto control panel > display. I fiddled with the settings but nothing made it brighter. I think I have it as high as it will go. It hurts my eyes, but maybe it's because of the glossy screen or something? My inspiron 1011 isn't like this though..

I dunno.

8 Posts

dazleyj

You're brilliant! And I'm a techno-tard [hehe]. Thank you so much for your help :emotion-2:

No Events found!