Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R2

June 15th, 2011 19:00

Brand new vostro 3750 crashes on ie9 64 bit

Hello folks , after 15 hrs of technical support from dell and microsoft ie9 64 bit crashes as soon as it opens . Everything works fine in 32 bit ie 9 . Even ie8 works fine with 64 bit . Dell tech support recommends to use ie 8 64 bit.. Is their a compatibility issues with ie9 64 bit or is it just vostro 3750 laptops ? thanks

56 Posts

June 15th, 2011 21:00

just as a note 64bit ie8 and 9 are MUCH slower then the 32bit versions for some reason.

also if its an AMD/ATI machine i think there was a driver update specifically related to ie9 64bit crashes on start up

3.8K Posts

June 18th, 2011 09:00

Hi Rsi2,

Welcome to the Community. This is not an issue with Vostro systems, its an issue with IE9 itself. Have you tried disabling GPU Rendering on IE9. Click on start, control panel, internet options, advanced, Under Accelerated graphics, check the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering checkbox. Click Apply, Ok.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

62 Posts

June 18th, 2011 10:00

Yes i tried that already , tried with no add ons , tried uninstalling and installing directly from microsoft website . Keep getting the same error . Only thing that works is safe mode . Dell and microsoft techs recommend using ie 8 .

thanks for the suggestions Royan s and nckhammond

62 Posts

June 18th, 2011 10:00

Its strange because a friend of mine just bought a Toshiba satellite with almost same configuration except hers is an I3 instead of I5 [vostro3750]  and has no issues. I keep getting this '' I told you so'' ...making me mad ...lol

62 Posts

June 20th, 2011 07:00

Finally got 64 bit IE9 to work with 64 bit .

1 Message

August 25th, 2011 05:00

..sorry got  same problem here. Can't see how you fix it?

62 Posts

August 25th, 2011 16:00

Try downloading IE 9 directly from Microsoft website using IE8 64 bit . Again directly from microsoft NOT AS AN automatic update .

Conflicting software IS INTEL TURBO BOOST TECHNOLOGY

If the IE 9 still crashes on 64 bit , UNINSTALL IE9 , turn off intel turbo boost technology manually and try installing E 9 again directly from Microsoft ...not as an update.  

BEST OF LUCK

1 Message

October 12th, 2011 03:00

Hi

I am interested in what you are saying.

I have a dell vostro 3750 and loaded on openoffice and AVG anti virus. Have allowed all of the microsoft updates. Ohter than that I have done nothing to this machine, yet it freezes with annoying regularity

I formated the HDD and reloaded everything apart from open office, and this includes IE9 and the intel speedboost thingy, so afar is working ok.

So, wondering what Open Office does to this configuration to make it freeze

it is strange, the fan comes on and the mouse freezes. We even had the dell enfgineer out and he replaced the motherboard and memory.

No Events found!