Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2015 06:00

Broken touchpad, worst ever customer service

Hi, I just wanted to share my short love history with DELL.

I bought a brand new Dell XPS15, it took three weeks for delivery, with a couple of days of delay but all good until then. When I first started the laptop, the touchpad was acting crazy, working just on the sides but not in the centre. I tried everything during 4 hours (I work in an IT company) but nothing I could do and neither my colleges, so I called to the warranty service.

I started talking with a guy, but then spend like 2 hours at the phone jumping between departments for just ending the call saying to me that an engineer will come next day to FIX my new laptop. So I waited.

Next day nobody called me, so I called them again at the end of the day. The girl at the phone told me that the engineer wont never come because they didn't have replacements for the broken parts, but NOBODY noticed me. So here starts the argue.

I called them again requesting a new laptop (obvious) not a fixed one, so they told me I had to wait another 3 weeks. I saw on the website a 10% of discount, so I suggested them to apply that discount or at least have something in return for waiting that long but their answer was a big NO, so I request just a refund. They told me to wait for a confirmation email to set the pick up date, that was a Friday.

On Wednesday next week, after no emails, calls or anything, I called them again and what was my surprise when they told me that there wasn't any order to refund or pick up my laptop, so I had an argue again. We agreed on a new date, today at 8:00am, so I waked up early, came to the office to wait for them, and at 12:30 they called me again saying that the appointment was cancelled, and they will call me at some point of the next week...

Is this really a customer service, or is just a joke? 3 weeks to get a broken laptop, hours at the phone with the "customer service", weeks waiting for a simple pick up...

In summary, Dell could be a good product (I will never know), but the customer and technical service are the worst ones I ever ever had so far.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2015 07:00

Yeah I've done that, and everything possible, is a hardware issue, I think something related with the NFC sensor.

Thanks for answering, I will write you now in private.

9.4K Posts

June 26th, 2015 07:00

Hi Alberdonpi,

Thanks for posting.

Your post doesn't say which XPS15 you purchased, and you mention that you've tried everything.  Just wanted to check to see if you uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the touchpad?  Did you uninstall Quckset and reinstall it? 

If all that has been done, would you please contact me privately with your personal information, and I'll be happy to see what can be done.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!