Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2010 21:00

Buying Dell XPS-15(T510705MY)

I Already choosen this laptop for my life and its is perfect but the problem is , it's in Window 7..i need a window Xp to compatible with my games.. and i not sure there is an Window Xp Os On That Product ? cause in the webside there is only shown Window 7 , can u guys help me ask got window Xp Os on that product.. if that is really exist i wil buy it soon

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 14th, 2010 03:00

You would need to purchase a copy of XP and install it yourself.  BE SURE you locate ALL drivers for your hardware before you buy - Dell will not have them, nor will it support XP on this model.

The other alternative is to use Virtual PC (free from Microsoft) to run XP on the system under Windows 7.  Note that not all versions of 7 will allow this.

56 Posts

November 14th, 2010 11:00

You might want to try your games with Windows 7, you might find that they will work perfectly. Windows 7 is a great move up from Vista.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2010 02:00

i was asking err is it Dell have this kind of product when i buy already install window XP

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 15th, 2010 03:00

No.  No one will at at this point - Microsoft no longer allows XP to be shipped as the default OS with new systems.

38 Posts

November 16th, 2010 20:00

Newer laptops will be difficult to install Windows XP onto. You shouldn't rely on that ability. Try finding patches or work-arounds for your games. I've found that games I bought for Windows 98 that will work on Windows 7 without a problem and some others that would work with a little effort. What games are you trying to play? 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 14th, 2011 11:00

I'm heavy gamer. 90% games run on Win7 so you shouldn't worry about that:emotion-1: there are problems with few games for example StarCraft 2. After running the game the coursor is frozen in the main menu. (changing font size to default resolved the problem). You should always use google to find out a proper solution to make the game compatible with Win7.

http://sc2pod.com/trackers/blue/battle-net/?id=4141

also problem with Gears of War, but remember there is always solution fir any game to run on Win7:emotion-1:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-games/2438-gears-war.html

BTW...in a present time using XP on laptop with Core i7 and RAM between 4-16Gb doesn't make sens...

Win7 is far better then XP as per gaming (I'm using both). Like any other system Win7 needs to be properly optimized. A lot of services can be turned off, you don't need them:emotion-2:

No Events found!