Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2009 06:00

Buying (and Shipping) Advice

Hi guys,

I live in the United Kingdom, and for Christmas I would like to purchase my cousin a Dell Laptop. However, he lives in Australia. So I was wondering how I would go about this? Would I go to the UK Dell website, place my order and then specify the Australian shipping address OR do I go to the Australian Dell website and place the order from there? Would they accept a UK credit card? Importantly, by ordering from the AUS Dell website, I hope I'll be charged the currency equivalent of what the laptop would be in UK sterling, i.e. the laptop I'm looking at is $799 which works out a roughly £450 - I hope I would be charged the £450 INSTEAD of being charged £799? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 20th, 2009 06:00

With the shipping delays people have posted about, I would not do either. Send your cousin check, and let him/her buy one in person.

6 Posts

November 20th, 2009 08:00

So it is possible but you wouldn't recommend I take that course of action because of the shipping delays? How long are they, and more importantly, why are they occuring?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 20th, 2009 10:00

I don't know if it is possible or not. I have never done it. Even if it was, I would still would not do it. The delays vary. Just hang around here and read the posts by the irate customers. As to why, apparently due to parts shortage.

No Events found!