Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2015 10:00

Buzzing/stuttering during audio playback on xps 13 9333

Hi,

Recently I've been having some problems playing back any sort of media.  At regular intervals the audio will freeze/skip for a second and make a loud buzzing noise, then resume.  This happens with both music and streaming videos. If I'm watching a video, the screen will freeze for a second, buzz, then resume.

I'm using an xps 13 9333 with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I've tried everything I could think of, updating all my drivers, reinstalling codecs, running anti-virus, and cleaning out my system.

Any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 13th, 2015 05:00

Thank you Wildmanyeah for posting your solution. I have included it in the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ in the XPS L702x section.

To others who post, if you would mention the full model name of your laptop I would like to put the solution in those sections of the FAQ too. What I mean is there are 4 different models in the XPS 15 series, and another 4 in the 13 series. Thanks.

32 Posts

February 13th, 2015 06:00

I am SOOOO glad to see this post, I had feared that my XPS 13 started having audio issues just after the end of the 1 year warranty and that it might be hardware related. I knew I had just installed several updates from Dell, but none were directly sound related. Good to know it IS Dells fault!

23 Posts

February 13th, 2015 06:00

Hi guys,

Just to say I was getting the exact same problem (l502x). Many thanks for the answer - on a side note its not just when playing audio/video, the laptop actually hangs consistently, every minute, for 1 second. Obviously its just a lot more noticeable when you have audio playing. 

I just think the problem should be addressed at Dell as obviously a lot of XPS users are going to have similar problems and may not be able to find this thread.

Thanks,

Jack 

12 Posts

February 13th, 2015 07:00

Just uninstalling the SupportAssist Agent seems to solve the problem. Dell Inspiron 17R SE.

16 Posts

February 13th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

I started having the issue today. I followed the advice of this thread and uninstalled dell support assist and dell support agent. Problem solved. 

1 Message

Brilliant.. uninstalled dell support assist and dell support agent and my system is back to working perfectly fine.. thanks for the fix

16 Posts

I didn't see any citrix client in my control panel. Can you provide a few more details?

February 13th, 2015 13:00

My wif'e's Dell XPS 17 (L702x) had the same problem starting on Wed Feb-11-2015. Thanks for the great advice. Her problem was an occasional buzz, short, but annoying. I wonder sometimes about updates like this that are sneaked in without any notice.

Thanks a bunch. I would not have figured out this but for yours and the other posts here which supported the claim.

1 Message

February 13th, 2015 14:00

Thank you so much. I had a similar issue with my old XPS 1330 and never solved it. The issue was a reason I wanted to give up Dell. After few years I got my new xps 13 just   3 day ago and yesterday the old nightmare returned. I spent last 4 hours looking trough the Internet and finally got here (even though I could not log in for last 30 minutes).

THANK YOU once again 

4 Posts

February 13th, 2015 23:00

Check your installed programs.

4 Posts

February 14th, 2015 00:00

Check your installed programs.  If you did not already have a Citrix client installed, you will find that Dell installed one at the same time that they installed the problematic applications addressed in this thread.

February 14th, 2015 06:00

Uninstalling the 2 dell assist did not fix my problem.
So looking for other solutions.

1 Message

February 14th, 2015 07:00

Hi, I'm using a Dell Vostro 5470 with windows 8 64 bit, and tried everything, but the buzz doesnt go away. Any other suggestions?

February 14th, 2015 08:00

Im with the two posts above. Removing the 2 dell assist programs did not help. I also do not see a Citrex??? program in my add remove section. I'm not sure what it would be called.
This problem is only a couple days old for me so I am baffled at the cause. Tried updating my drivers. Tried removing the dell assist items.  Did not work.
I see windows installed three things in the same time frame. Not sure if they could be the cause. Too afraid to try and remove them. Worried I may hurt my laptop.
They were 
1. Microsoft visual c ++ 2010 (86) redistributal 10.0.40219 
2. Microsoft visual c ++ 2010 (64) redistributal 10.0.40219 
3. Microsoft Visual studio 2010 tools for office run time (64)

I have a dell N7110

3 Posts

February 14th, 2015 08:00

I have a Dell XPS L502X and I have also removed the Dell Support Assist programs. However in my case removing them did not help. Does anyone have any other possible solutions to this?  

No Events found!