Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2015 10:00

Buzzing/stuttering during audio playback on xps 13 9333

Hi,

Recently I've been having some problems playing back any sort of media.  At regular intervals the audio will freeze/skip for a second and make a loud buzzing noise, then resume.  This happens with both music and streaming videos. If I'm watching a video, the screen will freeze for a second, buzz, then resume.

I'm using an xps 13 9333 with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I've tried everything I could think of, updating all my drivers, reinstalling codecs, running anti-virus, and cleaning out my system.

Any suggestions?

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2015 16:00

I'm having the same problem, re-installed Support Assist, followed the directions and got the message support assist not installed. Checked my laptop files, it installed and I ran support assist.

Does anyone out there know of a working location for the dell hot fix for this issue?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 22nd, 2015 17:00

Does anyone out there know of a working location for the dell hot fix for this issue?

As of today, Sunday Feb 22, the link to the hotfix now re-directs to a page that says Access Denied. In other words the hotfix has been yanked.

Presumably it will make a reappearance when Dell gets it act together.

7 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 11:00

I uninstalled the Dell Support programs as well as disabling Dell Diag Control Device and Dell System Analyzer, and still getting buzzing noise.  Any other suggestions.  I have an Inspiron 17R and am running Windows 7.  Thanks for the help.

4 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 13:00

I had to also uninstall Dell Data Safe - which had updated automatically when I did the Support Assistant. It is somewhat hard t delete Data Safe - as it doesn't show up as a program. You need to go to the services.msc from the start menu and  then right click on the Data Safe running entries - to stop them and then to make sure they do not launch automatically. Then you can delete Data Safe using windows explorer in the Program Files directory. That did finally work for me.

7 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 14:00

Thanks... I don't t want to delete Dell Data Safe so I went into msconfig and disabled on the start-up menu hoping this would effect the same result.  But I'm still getting the buzz.  

Does anyone know if the buzzing is harmful to the computer?

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 17:00

I apologize for the inconvenience. Dell is aware of the problem and has a hotfix if you would like to continue to use Support Assist. You can find more on what Support Assist here on its community page.

Go here
* Under the "End User" tab, click "SupportAssist for PCs and tablets"
* Download/save the file "aulauncher.exe" to your windows desktop
* Run the file
* Reboot when done
* Download/save the hotfix from this share
* Double-click the exe file. You should get a message saying “Successfully applied the hotfix, please reboot your system for the changes to take effect”

Please let me know if you have any questions.

TB

Worked for me. Thanks!

February 24th, 2015 04:00

Thank you for this advice.

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit and had the same issues. This method resolved the issue for me.

Thank you for your post.

1 Message

February 24th, 2015 06:00

Thanks, please note the enduser tab shows as a hyperlink, but doesn't do anything.

In the end I searched for aulauncher.exe and just clicked on a few Dell software download links until one actually said it was aulauncher.exe.

Ran this, which said no updates and so I just applied the hotfix then rebooted.

Problem now solved, but I'm not at all happy with the time I wasted tracking down a solution to a problem caused by Dell.

7 Posts

February 24th, 2015 10:00

I have already uninstalled Dell Support Assist & Dell Support Agent, and disabled Dell Diag Control Device & Dell Systems Analyzer Control Device on start-up.  I still have buzzing noise and have no desire to reinstall Support Assist and apply Hot Fix.

My advice to Dell is FIX THE PROBLEM!  My last two computers have been Dell but if this is the wave of the future, I will be looking elsewhere for future computing needs.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2015 11:00

Thanks for the post LERL, it worked! 

1 Message

February 27th, 2015 00:00

Wow! So glad I checked. Exactly what I am experiencing. Shame on Dell.

1 Message

February 27th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

the link to the Hotfix-Download doesn't work. It leads to the same site again.

Pascal

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 27th, 2015 12:00

SPAX9600,

The link to the Hotfix should be fixed. 

Thank you for the heads up.

TB

February 28th, 2015 14:00

When is Dell going to push this fix out?  You pushed the buggy software out, why can't  you push the fix out?

1 Message

March 2nd, 2015 12:00

At this point I see this as nothing more than malicious software engineered to make people replace their laptops. You have to dig deep to find the cause and it's as if Dell are in denial about it. A fix should have been pushed out by now.

No Events found!