RE: Buzzing/stuttering during audio playback on xps 13 9333

Jump to solution

There is no "end user" tab

0 Kudos
sheri5812
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

LOL!!  I said "ensure" not end user.... type MSCONFIG in the search box that comes up when you click on the windows icon in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  System Configuration box will display.  Find the STARTUP tab.... go down through the list and uncheck anything that says Dell... you will need to restart your computer... this will disable the programs from running when you start-up your computer.   

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
7 Gold

Jump to solution

There is no "end user" tab

Are you referring to Dell_Terry B's instructions?

Go here http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/services/support-assist
* Under the "End User" tab, click "SupportAssist for PCs and tablets" [see screen shot below]
* Download/save the file "aulauncher.exe" to your windows desktop
* Run the file
* Reboot when done
* Download/save the hotfix from this share:
   pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/SupportAssist-Hotfix-20150214.exe
* Double-click the exe file. You should get a message saying “Successfully applied the hotfix, please reboot your system for the changes to take effect” -- Dell_Terry B

Jim Coates -- 16 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mwhelm
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I didn't look far enough down the page, clearly.

0 Kudos
Rdzwart
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello,

In my case I disabled the Link Power Management and all my media problems were gone.
I have, since one week, a new Dell XPS 13 model 2015 running  on 8.1 Pro.

I followed the suggestions in this post but nothing solved my problems and after searching on latency problems I went back to the configurations and changed everything that i thought could cause the latency problems. And after I disabled this setting everything works good. Youtube, Itunes Netflix etc.

0 Kudos
stanshap
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Pity I didn't see this discussion earlier.  I had the same problem, and people I discussed it with suspected the audio processor, or even the hard drive.   I finally called Dell and got their After-warranty tech support.   For a charge of $129 they worked on it, but the problem kept coming back.   Once I removed their software the problem was resolved.

Not only did they cause the problem, but they charged me for their trying to fix it !!!

David Sherlock
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Complain and get a refund. There are so many people affected by this silly error. Me included. Really annoyed at such a mistake!

0 Kudos
mwhelm
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I finally tried the Dell download I mentioned earlier, after someone directed me to the right spot on the page.   This software must've auto downloaded itself at some point, because when I did the download & ran the .exe it said it was up to date.

The random reboots have stopped, & the buzzing stopped for a short time, but it has now returned.

(I also removed some now-unused HP printer software.)

I will have to try removing the Dell software when the laptop isn't in use & see if that helps.

0 Kudos
hhanna7x70
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

booyah! thank you so much that worked.

0 Kudos
stanshap
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Well, they did refund the service fee.   But I'm back where I started.   The problem seemed to go away, but now it's back as bad as ever.   Each time the Dell tech rep worked on it it seemed to be better, but the next day it was back, and my uninstalling the Dell software is no more successful.

Perhaps some program that updates frequently (like AVG ?) is introducing the interference.    But it's not the Dell SupportAssist, because that's gone.    Any more ideas ?

0 Kudos