Hi thank you very much! I had the same problem since 13 Feb - was so annoyed. Tried to call Dell support center, they kept on telling me they would call me back in the next day and 2 days later I still have not heard anything from them and wasted hours on the phone waiting. So glad I found this post and problems solved within 2 mins. I noted Dell installed many softwares on my machine - no citrix one though. I have removed all of them as I don't know what they do and I don't trust them.
So I had the same error.. I think thanks to the responses here it is now solved.
1) UNINSTALL Dell Support Assist and Agent from your programs.
2) Go to msconfig and go to Services (you cannot remove them from the task manager and they are not in the startup programs) - disable both Dell Data Vault programs from there.
3) Write a nasty letter to Dell.
I've spent the entire morning and afternoon agonizing over this issue after it reared its ugly head watching netflix last night. Thankfully, I now have my XPS 15 L502X - Win 7 64bit premium system happily purring again. I had a couple of different things happen. Interestingly, I uninstalled both Dell apps (Dell System Detect and Dell Support Assistant), but still had the Dell System Detect loading in my tray after reboot. Here's what I ended up doing:
1) Tried the uninstall first - failed.
2) Create a System Restore Point
3) Full export of my Registry ... because you're doing to manually edit the registry after.
4) Open task manager and click on processes tab
5) Right-click on DellSystemDetect and select Open File Location
6) Delete the entire folder where that file lives.
7) Click Start button and search for "regedit" - open it up.
8) Search for (Ctrl - F) dellsystemdetect (not case sensitive), and remove ever instance of it, including Keys, Values & Data.
9) Do a cold reboot to ensure a clear re-start.
Done. Purrs like a kitty
I'd just like to thank you very much - for the last week or so this problem has been plaguing me whenever I watched a Youtube video - I even had most of my laptop replaced (albeit for other reasons), and I was surprised that this didn't fix the problem.
To everyone: do what he says and uninstall the Dell Support Assist programs.
thanks very much for this...your solution worked fine! Have been frustrated for days with the annoying noise. It also seemed to interfere with webconferencing tools. Like others tried replacing drivers etc with no resolution. One would think Dell would post a resolution or make a fix promptly since they are aware of it.
Thanks a lot for your answer! I was terribly annoyed by these small freezes.
Removed both Dell support services as well, and it works fine now.
My collegue and I had the same problem on our vostro 3750 and studio 17 laptop. It remembered that it started at 12 feb in the evening. It costed around 8 hours to find out what the source of the problem was. At 12 feb Dell support assist was installed on our laptops and after that our music streams were disrupted every minute or so, in fact even working in a word document was disrupted for a second every minute. Now I have removed the program and dell support agent and now it works again without these disruptions. Thanks to this forum, thank you all! And shame on you Dell to install such malware on our systems.
Performed this fix, worked!!! Big thanks to the poster. I was worried there was a bigger issue at hand. Im really glad that the fix is so simple, however Im extremely worried about Dell distributing sh***y updates that cause such massive issues in systems.
Dell - sort it out !