2 Bronze

RE: Buzzing/stuttering during audio playback on xps 13 9333

Jump to solution

2016 and this did it for me, thanks. weirdly after i'd deleted all offending dell programmes i still needed to reinstall support assist and the patch. whatever

0 Kudos
QPR_FC
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you so much :) :) :) .....I uninstalled Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Agent to resolve the sound crackling that I have lived with for the past 3 months !!!

Dell online support was useless....I hope that you are reading and learning Dell  !?!

I firstly disabled the two Dell Diag devices within Control Panel, rebooted but still had the issue. However, upon uninstalling the software for Dell Support Agent & Assist, the sound issue floated out of the window and was replaced with a big grin on my face......woohoo !

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
7 Gold

Jump to solution

I uninstalled Dell Support Assist and Dell Support Agent to resolve the sound crackling that I have lived with for the past 3 months !!!

Interesting that doing that fixed the crackle. I haven't heard much about the Dell SupportAssist/Agent issue since the spring of 2015, at which time Dell seemed to have  fixed it. The problem seemed to be resolved so thoroughly that I moved it from the top of the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ down to the bottom of it. I hope we are not seeing a return of the issue.

Jim Coates -- 16 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos