yaba36
2 Bronze

RE: Buzzing/stuttering during audio playback on xps 13 9333

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm using a Dell Vostro 5470 with windows 8 64 bit, and tried everything, but the buzz doesnt go away. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
wmc326
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have a Dell XPS L502X and I have also removed the Dell Support Assist programs. However in my case removing them did not help. Does anyone have any other possible solutions to this?  

0 Kudos
cgardenier
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Im with the two posts above. Removing the 2 dell assist programs did not help. I also do not see a Citrex??? program in my add remove section. I'm not sure what it would be called.
This problem is only a couple days old for me so I am baffled at the cause. Tried updating my drivers. Tried removing the dell assist items.  Did not work.
I see windows installed three things in the same time frame. Not sure if they could be the cause. Too afraid to try and remove them. Worried I may hurt my laptop.
They were 
1. Microsoft visual c ++ 2010 (86) redistributal 10.0.40219 
2. Microsoft visual c ++ 2010 (64) redistributal 10.0.40219 
3. Microsoft Visual studio 2010 tools for office run time (64)

I have a dell N7110

0 Kudos
sunlitsky
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with the freeze and buzz. Absolutely not okay to just randomly install bad software onto our computers! My computer was fine until February 11th. I spent 6 hours of my day off yesterday updating all suggested driver items on Dell's website then found this forum late last night. Not happy right now :(

0 Kudos
THuckabay
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

To those of you who are saying uninstalling the bad Dell software items is not resolving your issue: IMPORTANTLY, a) you should only uninstall these items while running with administrative rights (e.g., as Administrator), and b) you must reboot your system immediately after the uninstalls.  If these things do not resolve your issue, then try to revert your system to a restore point that is prior to 2/11/2015.

0 Kudos
Rufus4647
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I uninstalled dell support assistant and Agent software. Thanks for the fix. Worked great!  How do you uninstall citrix client?

0 Kudos
Rico46809
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Vostro 5460 - Windows 8.1

Still having the same problem even after uninstalling support assist programs. It happens every minute or so, sometimes in just seconds. It's not just the buzzing noise though. I've noticed that it happens even when no audio or video are being played. Mouse and screen freezes for a second then resumes. Playing audio and video just helps identify when the problem is happening. 

Hope somebody finds a solution fast.

(Problem started less than 24 hours ago)

0 Kudos
cgardenier
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Well I did also try a system restore which does not help either. 

0 Kudos
vinilara
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

it seems that the real problem is with Dell Data Vault and Dell Data Vault Wizard, are tools installed with the Dell assistent.  To solve this is necessary to shut down them in  the task manager and then set up so that the service does not start again when you Windows start up.

cgardenier
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Vin How do I do that?

0 Kudos