Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

20 Posts

November 14th, 2007 17:00

C-Port II's

I might be getting a C-Port II for my birthday or christmas, for my Latitude CSx, and I have a couple questions. Will this get rid of the yellow "!" on the COM1 port that keeps showing up in Device Manager? This always remains there, saying it can't allocate resources, and I figure it's because the laptop itself doesn't have a serial port. Also, can I simply close the lid on my laptop and plug it into the C-Port II and all run fine? Or do I have to shut down? (my settings are so the laptop remains on when the lid is closed, so that way I can put music in iTunes, and plug my laptop into my cars stereo and have my music there. Lastly, can I use the PA-9 charger that I've been using on my CSx, on the C-Port II? The docking station my father was watching doesn't come with a power brick. Thanks. Latitude CSx 700MHz Pentium III 256MB RAM Windows XP Pro Brandon ------- A+, Net+, Security+, MCP

1.7K Posts

December 4th, 2007 22:00

The C port uses the same brick so you do not get one with the port. My csx would not boot with the cportII. If it was running it would dock and work. Have not tried it yet with XP now on it. Was a bunch of work getting XP fresh installed on it without the cdrom cable and using a usb cdrom

35 Posts

December 4th, 2007 22:00

I got both cable types with my CSx, the DVD-ROM cable for the side port, and the floppy cable for the parallel port on the back.. By not boot, was it a windows glitch? Like, could you see the BIOS boot and get into the BIOS?

I'm Hakemon btw, I found my old login a little while after I made the original post.

Message Edited by evildragon on 12-04-2007 07:21 PM

1.7K Posts

December 4th, 2007 23:00

Reloaded 98 and dock drivers, no go. Bios worked as I got the information, just a flashing cursor after that. I posted a problem back in 06 and never any responses. You want to trade my cdock for your 256k?

35 Posts

December 4th, 2007 23:00

My 256MB stick of RAM is the only one I have, and it might be the only one to work in my CSx, as it's a "16-chip". From what I'm reading, if I pair up another 16-chip 256MB stick, it'll go to 512MB.

Sorry.
No Events found!