Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2013 23:00

C drive formatting issue in XPS model

Hi,

I have formatted my laptop C drive through the Windows 7 DVD provided by dell.I have formatted C drive only because I don't want to lose my data in other drive on my laptop.

But now theme has been changed to as given below:

Image 1:

earlier it was displaying as given below:

Image 2:

I have tried to change the theme by Right click on desktop --> Personlize --> Windows 7 Basic to Aero theme Windows 7 but couldn't succeed.

Once I tried to restored Factory settings instead of formatting C drive only that time I got theme as in Image 2 which was OK for me.

So my concern is Do I have to install any other software to correct this issue.

807 Posts

July 8th, 2013 02:00

I've seen this happen when Internet explorer 10 is installed. The answer is to uninstall the update KB2670838.

Problem is when you do that it removes IE10 altogether and reverts back to IE9 (no big deal IMO).

If you have Windows Update set to auto install updates then you will need to change that otherwise IE10 will be re-installed and Aero will break again.

To uninstall KB2670838 go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > View Installed Updates (top left hand side of screen). You will find the entry listed under "Microsoft Windows" as shown below. Click on the entry to uninstall and follow all screen instructions.

Some users have reported that re-installing IE10 from this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages fixes the issue but I cannot confirm this.

Note: If you do re-install IE10 and the problem doesn't reappear then set Windows Update back to "Automatically Install" if you so wish.

2.6K Posts

July 9th, 2013 04:00

Hello Sukhjeevan,

In order to assist you further, I would request you to help us understand if you have tried updating the display adapters of your computer. If the Operating System is re-installed from the Recovery disks, please ensure to install the drivers of the computer in the correct order. It is very important for the computer to function properly. 

Hope this helps!

No Events found!