Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2011 08:00

CD Drive won't eject

Dell laptop 1555 won't eject my DVD.  No manual eject, only can eject disk by going Start --- Computer --- CD Drive, then right click to get eject option.  Disk tries to eject but is clearly stuck.  No clear way to remove drive.  Anyone have to deal with this?  Suggestions?  

April 30th, 2015 15:00

Omg yes!!! This just happened to me. I was making a driver restore disc which is not working it keeps telling me to to eject the disk then put it back in and then it tells me there was an error. I don't know why it kept doing that but I got feed up and put it on a usb drive. But I was unable to get the disk out and had to use a safety pin. It kept saying that it was a disc driver error. This laptop is only 1 day old and its already giving me ***. But I still love my laptop!

2 Posts

November 29th, 2011 18:00

I have the same problem with my XPS 1530. A DVD-R got stuck, and now all I get are nasty noises when I try to eject it. There's no manual bypass, and no documentation anywhere. Help!

April 13th, 2014 18:00

Same problem here. Here's how I fixed mine: I took the sharp end of a small safety pin & poked it all the way in, moving it around however I could, and then I hit the eject button several times, and it popped open! Hope it works for you.
No Events found!