Highlighted
8 Krypton

Can't Bitlocker Latitude 7480 laptops with Windows 10.

We're trying to install Microsoft Bitlocker encryption on some Latitude 7480's with both Windows 10 Enterprise 64  bit 1607 & 1703.  They have the latest bios update 1.4.6 on May 31 but a Microsoft error comes up - Bitlocker could not be enabled.  The Bitlocker encryption key cannot be obtained from the Trusted Platform module (TPM).  C: drive was not encrypted.  Has anyone else seen this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ctrakarn
1 Copper

RE: Can't Bitlocker Latitude 7480 laptops with Windows 10.

i have the same problem. Its using the original microsoft tpm 2.0 driver from 2006.  I downloaded the controlvault drivers and installed it, but it comes up with unable to start TPM code 10. It seems that the correct TPM drivers are not available for WIndows 10 x64? I have the same problem

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: Can't Bitlocker Latitude 7480 laptops with Windows 10.

I'm thinking its a Dell bios configuration issue.  When the laptops come in we need to be able to pxe boot each laptop to our sccm 2016 server.  We have to turn off secure boot & UEFI mode and put the laptop in legacy mode.  Once we do that we can install Windows 10.  Once 10 is installed in order to do Bitlocker encryption we have to go back into the Bios turn on UEFI & SecureBoot.  I did that with the Latitude 7480 and now the hard drive is not booting up after doing all that work.  There are so many configuration options between the Dell Bios & using Bitlocker.

0 Kudos