8 Xenon

RE: Can't Decide whether I have 2.5" mSATA or M.2 SATA SSD

What happens when you try to apply the update?

0 Kudos
Shyamyar
1 Copper

A window appears with the list of SK Hynix SSDs I have as shown in the screenshot below

It displays what SSD I have i.e. SK Hynix SC300 SATA SSD 256GB(nothing about M.2) but I can't select it. Also, under the Update column, there is only hyphen(-), not 'Ready' and under Bus column it says 'RAID' rather than 'SATA' as shown in pics of update manual (pic below).

Does it have any effect on not being updated? Also, the updater is SK hynix Firmware Updater 20101P00 for Dell 2.0.4.16. As shown in the screenshot, under FW column it says '20121P00'. So, I also doubt that I have already got a superseded update of the driver. Is this the reason that it is not updating? And, in the update manual, it also says the change that will be made in the update is 'Add device form factor'. So, like I said, if I want to view M.2 in the SSD, I should update. But its not happening.

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

I'd guess by number you already have newer firmware than what the update provides -- but you will want to call Dell to verify that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shyamyar
1 Copper

I contacted SK Hynix and they verified it that it is M.2 as per the model number and I have got the latest firmware. That is why it is greyed out. Thankyou for your assistance anyways.

0 Kudos