Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 23rd, 2015 00:00

Can't Enable Hibernation on XPS 13 (L321X) Running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

I tried to enable hibernation mode with an administrator-run cmd prompt windows by using the following command:

"powercfg.com /hibernation on"

But I got the following error message:

"Hibernation failed with the following error:  The request is not supported

The following items are preventing hibernation on this system

The system firmware does not support hibernation."

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your prompt responses.

19 Posts

August 13th, 2015 02:00

Ok everything is working fine now.  After replacing the hard drive and the motherboard the hibernation mode became available.  Thank you very much for your help.

1.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 03:00

Hi ,

I would ask you to confirm if you have tried this command :powercfg-h on  or powercfg.exe /hibernate on ( to enable hibernate mode )

If this fails then try enabling hibernate mode from the OS ( To go to hibernate mode : Go to control panel ,power options then select the option as to " choose what to do when the lid is closed " and from there you can select the hibernate option ).

If the system still fails to go into hibernate mode then would ask you to check the article from Microsoft .

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards ,

19 Posts

July 23rd, 2015 10:00

None of your suggestions worked.  The article's fix-it utility does not work for my system.

Please advise further options to enable hibernation.

Thank you.

19 Posts

July 23rd, 2015 16:00

I contacted Dell Support over the phone and they advised that the Dell XPS 13 can't go into hibernation mode because the firmware doesn't support it and there is nothing they can do about it.

1.2K Posts

July 24th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply ! But I would still request you to send me to service tag of the system only via private message so that I can check the specifications of the system and let you know what else can be done .

Awaiting your reply !

Kindest Regards ,

19 Posts

July 24th, 2015 17:00

I sent you my service tag in a private message.

1.2K Posts

August 7th, 2015 01:00

Hi @Azroach ,

Request you to confirm your availability  so that accordingly service call can be arranged .

Kindest Regards ,

19 Posts

August 11th, 2015 15:00

I told you I'm available all day today and all day tomorrow all day every day.

No Events found!