Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 2nd, 2016 12:00

Can't PXE Boot

I have a Dell Latitude 7350 (2-in-1) laptop.  I have the Dell Docking Station K10A    I am following this link to create a SCCM/CM2012 image.   <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.

I have gone into the BIOS \ Advanced Boot Options \ ENABLED UEFI.

Then then reboot and press F12.   I get my menu and I've picked both USB NIC (IPV6) and USB NIC (IPV4).  I get another menu (in extremely small font) that says:

press f1/volumeup key to retry boot

press f2/volumndown key to reboot into setup

press f5/home key to run onboard diagnostics

I then went into the BIOS and I disabled "secure boot"  I get the same result.

So how do you PXE Boot using this docking station?  

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2016 16:00

Enable the UEFI Network Stack:

1. Before the 7350 system can PXE boot UEFI mode, the UEFI network stack must be enabled in BIOS.

2. Enter BIOS setup

3. Use the arrow keys and highlight "Advanced Boot Options"

4. Click the check box "Enable UEFI Network Stack"

5. Press the Apply button and exit BIOS setup.

Please let me know if you have in fact tried this and are still having difficulties.

TB

(edited)

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2016 06:00

Terry, yes I have gone into the BIOS, General\Advanced Boot Options and I have checked "Enable UEFI Network Stack".   I have also tried with and without Secure Boot enabled.   Still no luck.   Thanks.  

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2016 12:00

Thank you for the reply, from your original message you are getting the option to boot to USB IPV4 or IPV6 so it does look like the system does have the correct network connections to PXE boot. 

This is a little beyond my expertise but reading SLN294719 I wonder if the PXE boot image provided by your PXE server has the required Venue 11 Pro drivers installed.

The PXE boot image provided by the PXE server must be a WinPE boot.wim that can boot in UEFI mode. In order for WinPE to connect to the network image server after startup, the boot wim image file must have the drivers installed for the Venue 11 Pro system’s network device. The Latitude 7350 can boot both standard PXE DOS (initrd) and UEFI images; dependent on BIOS boot mode and USB to Ethernet adapters.

Dell provides pre-packaged driver and app Cab files for OS deployment through SCCM or other deployment services. The Cab files can be downloaded here from the Dell support site.

I have sent you a friend request if you continue to have difficulties and if needed I will research further.

TB

1 Message

December 6th, 2017 12:00

You have to use the supplied network dongle. This particular computer has a docking station box, then it has a bunch of dongles to use instead of the dock box. The dock box is not recognized by the system bios but the dongle is. Also, each one has its own MAC address so you can get the MAC address of the dongle by plugging it in to another computer USB port and run the command prompt and type "getmac". Then unplug it and run getmac again and which ever one is not on the list the 2nd time is the correct MAC address for the dongle.

No Events found!