Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2011 20:00

Can't charge my laptop because the prongs in the jack fell out!! HELP ME!!!!

So, I have a Dell N1050 Laptop. I bought it in March of this year. This is my first Dell laptop and I chose it over a Mac because of the price. I am beginning to regret that. I have called tech support because I cannot charge the laptop. A few months ago, I unplugged my laptop by the adapter from the back of the laptop. When I unplugged the laptop, a small black piece fell out of the laptop jack. I didn't think anything of it since everthing seemed to be working fine. Well, then my laptop started to not charge and give me a message saying to connect a Dell 65 watt charger or the laptop would not charge. If the laptop was plugged into the charger, it would hold the battery level, but would not charge. It would charge occasionally if the battery level got too low. Now, another piece from the laptop jack has fallen out. A gold prong from inside the laptop charger port has fallen out and now I cannot charge the laptop at all, even with a low battery. I am a student and need my laptop for school assignments, as well as, for pictures of my new husband and my daughter. After calling tech support about 5 times, I don't know what to do. I cannot understand what the techs are trying to say to me and they do not understand what I am trying to explain to them. Is there anyway to speak with someone from customer support in America to get my issue resolved? I have had Dell desktops before and never had a problem, but I am seriously considering getting a mac and tossing this brand new laptop that I just spent a good deal of money on. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I just need my warranty issue fixed!!

Thanks,

Laura Moran

3.8K Posts

August 30th, 2011 07:00

Hi Lauramoran,

Welcome to the Community. It looks like the ac adapter port is attached to the motherboard on your. So if you are under warranty call Dell Technical support in your region for a motherboard replacement.

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!