Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2015 14:00

Can't disable edge swipe Windows 10

My laptop is the following model:

Inspiron 15R SE 7520

I've trying for days now to disable the edge swipe function. There is no option within the Dell driver to actually disable it. I can disable certain multifinger gesture but no onefinger gestures! I have the latest 15.3.0.14 driver installed atm. Can someone help me?

Greets,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 11th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

Kindly follow the steps below :

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.
  2. In Mouse Properties, click/tap on the Device Settings tab, and click/tap on the Settings button.
  3. Check (enable) or uncheck (disable) the Enable Edge Swipes option, and click/tap on OK.
  4. Click/tap OK in Mouse Properties.

OR

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon. 
  2. In Mouse Properties, click/tap on the UltraNav tab, and click/tap on the Settings button under Touchpad. 
  3. Check (enable) or uncheck (disable) the Enable Edge Swipes option, and click/tap on OK.
  4. Click/tap OK in Mouse Properties

Thanks

Robin

9 Posts

November 11th, 2015 06:00

When I go to ' Mouse Properties' , there is no ' Device Settings' tab. There also isn't any settings button that I can click on. Furthermore, there is no box that I can (un)check for Edge Swipe. There also is no UltraNav tab because my touchpad is an Elantech touchpad and not a Synaptics Touchpad. THe only thing I can find in ' Mouse Properties', is a link to the ' Dell Pointing Devices Software' . The Dell Pointing Devices Software does have a ' Gestures'  tab in which I can enable or disable some two finger and multifinger gestures. However, there is no onefinger gestures option to be found :(.

Do you have any ideas how I can fix it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply .

Kindly let us know which version of operating system is being used.

Thanks

Robin

9 Posts

November 16th, 2015 06:00

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 23rd, 2015 02:00

Hi,

To control the gestures you need to

1. Go to the "Devices" bit under the new "Settings" screen and select "Mouse & Touchpad" then at the bottom is "Additional mouse options".

OR

Go to the control panel and select "Mouse".

2. When you select that you will get a tab for "Device Settings", select the "Synaptics TouchPad" then click "Settings", this will show you all of the gestures and allow you to turn them on or off.

Thanks

Robin

9 Posts

November 25th, 2015 15:00

My Inspiron 15R SE has an Elantech touchpad and not a Synaptics Touchpad. In my case, clicking on settings brings up the " Dell Touchpad" menu. This menu does have some options for multifinger gestures but no options for onefinger gestures. By not having onefinger gestures, I also don't have the option to actually disable Edge Swipe 

9 Posts

January 4th, 2016 04:00

Is there anything else I can do to fix my problem?

April 8th, 2016 16:00

I have this same issue on my Surface Pro 4. I want to disable Edge Swipes (especially from the left side, being left-handed) because it's constantly interfering with the work I do (I draw on my computer). So far, it seems that Microsoft does not allow the Edge Swipes to be disabled. :(

April 8th, 2016 21:00

Hello, I found a solution that works for me! I'm using a Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 so I don't know if it'll work on other machines, but I had to download the third-party software "Skip Metro Suite".

Where I read about it, they said they had tried it for Surface Pro 3 and it worked after tweaking some settings. For my Surface Pro 4 (Win 10) I just rebooted after installing the software, and I did not need to open the software or touch any settings.

Now, the annoying Edge Swipes seem to be disabled, but my touchscreen still works. Hooray, fantastic! I hope this works for anyone that reads this!

No Events found!