Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2014 16:00

Can't open downloaded video driver

Hello,

I am trying to open the driver "Video_AMD_W7_A06_Setup-RYC6Y_ZPE", along with a few others to update my hardware. Obviously the driver did not self-install upon downloading, as the Dell download site reported would happen.

When I double click on the driver file I get as far as the beginning of extraction and am then prompted with a dialogue box saying,

"This self-extracting zip file is part of a multidisk zip file. Please insert the last disk of the set" Ok/Cancel."

After cancelling another box appears and it says,

"An error occured while unzipping. One or more files were not successfully unzipped. The error code is 190."

I'd like to update my drivers but the process doesn't seem to be working properly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

1.8K Posts

October 15th, 2014 18:00

Hi cdnkevin,

I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue and suggest you to redownload the drivers again from our drivers download page.

Right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" option.

If the extraction process displays the same error, then please provide the link to the driver, so that we can check and help fix it.

11 Posts

October 16th, 2014 09:00

Hello Rajath,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try downloading the drivers again, and will report back my results.

Kevin

11 Posts

October 16th, 2014 13:00

Hello Rajath,

I am still having trouble with the Intel drivers.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/CA/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PTRYM

http://www.dell.com/support/home/CA/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PC7W1

http://www.dell.com/support/home/CA/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=VGH9K

I used "My Dell" to populate a list of drivers for my laptop.

I can open the drivers and they unpack, however, I receive an error saying that there are compatibility issues. The pages above for the drivers do list my laptop as supported (14R, N4110).

5 Posts

October 18th, 2014 17:00

I'm very sorry 4 posting here, I'm new and don't know how to create a post..... own a dell inspiron 3541 laptop with AMD E1 processor @ 1.4ghz,,, but to me its too slow,,, is it possible to upgrade the processor.... Please reply asap

1.8K Posts

October 20th, 2014 02:00

Hi cdnkevin,

Thank you for the update. Please provide a screen shot of the error, so that I can check and help you further.

11 Posts

October 22nd, 2014 14:00

Hello Rajath,

Here are a series of images that describe my previous post:

1.8K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 06:00

Hi cdnkevin,

Thank you for the screen shots. The system does not meet the requirements for instaling the drivers. This happens if you try installing the 64-bit version on 32-bit Windows.

Please private message the system Service Tag, so that we can check and provide the correct file.

11 Posts

October 23rd, 2014 12:00

Hello Rajath,

I'm confused by what you wrote about the 32 & 64-bit windows. I had attempted to install the 64-bit driver version on the 64-bit windows version. Please see the attached image:

Would this indicate another issue, other than the driver version I've tried to install?

1.8K Posts

October 29th, 2014 00:00

Hi cdnkevin,

Thank you for the update and apologize for the delay in responding to your request.

It may happen due to various reasons. Please Private Message the system Service Tag, so that I can provide the correct link.

8 Posts

May 13th, 2016 19:00

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. Who may assist me with the issue?

Thanks

No Events found!