Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2012 22:00

Can't reinstall dell webcam central

Ok so I have been at this for hours and I can't seem to reinstall this. My dell downloads isn't letting me register. It will get as far as having a box pop up to start the download then it will stop. I have compatability mode on, I have .net framework, and I'm using ie9 and nothing is working. I even put in the disk that came with my laptop that had the drivers and downloads on it and I can't find webcam central. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron N5110. Any help would be great.

3.3K Posts

September 15th, 2012 23:00

Hi livyrosed,

If I were you,I would be annoyed too if I was not able to download/Install the necessary softwares on the computer.

I would suggest downloading the webcam central from the below mentioned link:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

If the issue still persists and if the computer has an active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name.

To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

Warranty status: support.dell.com/.../warranty_information

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

September 16th, 2012 08:00

Oh and now after maybe 5 minutes of not taking any pictures once again the pictures I take are put into yet again another folder. Is there any way I can get my pictures to redirect back to my original Dell Webcam Central folder?

3 Posts

September 16th, 2012 08:00

Thanks, I was actually finally able to find the software elsewhere, but now I'm having another issue with the software. Last night I took a couple pictures to test it out, then shut down my laptop and such. This morning I opened webcam central and the pictures I took the night before were gone but still in a folder in my pictures, but any pictures I took this morning were put into a whole new folder.

3.3K Posts

September 21st, 2012 03:00

Hi livyrosed,

I regret for the delay in response.

Please follow below mentioned steps to set/change the destination folders:

1. Right-click photo or a video in the Gallery Window, the following context menu pops up.

2.   Right-click an empty area between the photos or videos in the Gallery Window, the following context menu will pop up.

3.  Select Photo & Video Folders Button

4.  Select Photo & Video Folders Button the following dialog pops up.

5.The default Photo Folder to save the snapped photos is at the "Dell WebCam Central 2.0" sub-folder under the user's Pictures folder.

6. The default Video Folder to save the recorded videos is at the "Dell WebCam Central 2.0" sub-folder under the user's Videos folder.

Let me know if this helped.

No Events found!