Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2013 14:00

Casing Warped on Inspiron 17R 7720

During the three months that I've been using this laptop, the bottom half (keyboard) has gradually been warping diagonally. 

The front right rubber foot now clears my desktop by about 2mm, so that pressure on the wrist pad causes an annoying rocking motion.

Whenever I use it on a flat surface now, I need to put some sort of shim (like a couple of beer coasters) under it to stop the rocking.

This is yet another minor—but irritating—problem I've had with this $1300 machine.

—Not really good enough DELL.  Sorry, but you've lost me as a future return customer.

58 Posts

January 30th, 2013 13:00

Anybody else got this problem with any other model DELL laptops' case warping?

It's really annoying if I'm using the laptop away from home—looking to find something to use as a shim.

Unless I'm using it at the pub of course LOL.

58 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 17:00

The DELL agent in India ignored my complaint about the warping case.

Didn't seem to know anything about it, and/or had never heard of this issue from any other user.

I can't believe that mine's the first ever DELL laptop to have this problem—more than likely an appropriate response  wasn't printed on his cheat sheet? 

—Does the DELL warranty cover warping of the case?

41 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 18:00

wow, its been a WEEK, and no online DELL rep has replied your issue. SAD....

what can we say about DELL forums - "the self-service here is excellent" ???

February 7th, 2013 03:00

I have the exact same issue Geoff - amongst the many others I have with this rubbish product.

58 Posts

February 7th, 2013 04:00

Do UK and USA users have access to tech support based in their own countries?

Is it only their poor cousins—like me in Australia—that have to struggle in dealing with Indian tech support agents?

58 Posts

...what can we say about DELL forums?

Uh... they're a minefield of  "responses" copied from a list of answer templates?

Display question—Template No. 26

Keyboard question—Template No. 35

Battery problem—Template No. 89

etc, etc, etc...

74 Posts

I have also noticed and i´am becoming very alergic to these copy&paste questions very often not related to problem customer describes.... second help we are given is... silence....

I beleive true support is present only in UK&US, but rest of us are doomed by outsourced help from india aka copy&paste "professionals"...

13 Posts

February 7th, 2013 11:00

Can't speak for USA/UK but here in Canada we get telephone tech support from Mumbai. They could do an OK job if it were not for their penchant for passing the buck back and forth between divisions

1 Message

December 21st, 2013 17:00

Same thing has been happening to my 15r. I am still under warranty. How did you resolve the issue? 

No Events found!