Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2016 11:00

Chad Kagen:- Dell Vostro 15 3558 Audio Driver is Not Working

Hello

Me Chad Kagen from Atlanta. I am buying new dell vostro 15 3558. My  audio driver is not working. Tell me what i do?

Thanks

Chad Kagen

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 15:00

Hi Chad,

Did the computer ever have sound or is this something that has recently just started?  If it is something recent has their been any updates just prior to when the problem started, was something added to the notebook before the problem started?

Are you getting any sound at all and if so where are you not getting sound, are you listening to something on the internet, playing a MP3, or something else?  Are you using head phones, desktop speakers or the built in speakers?

Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right of the task bar and choose playback devices. Does anything appear here and if so what are they? Does any of them have a green check mark next to it. If your are using headphones and notice that the green check mark is not next to head phones right click on headphones and check "Set as default device" and see if you have sound now. 

The following paper goes into more detail in troubleshooting audio problems including updating audio drivers. If you haven't tried it yet, you can download the audio driver here

Please let me know if you continue to have problems, and in your reply let me know the history of the problem and the version of Windows that you are using now and I will see if I can't come up with a solution. 

TB

No Events found!