Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

43 Posts

November 15th, 2008 15:00

Change Lid Color of Studio 1535

I just purchased a Studio 1535 from the outlet and I love it. However the system that had what I wanted did not come in the color that I was hopping for. While not a big deal, is there a way to change the lid color? I looked all over the parts store and did not find anything. Does Dell sell colors?

Thanks!

381 Posts

November 15th, 2008 23:00

Here's what I recommend...

Get a skin! They protect the surface of the lid and fit beautifully.

I have a Vostro 1500 that is black... all black. I wanted some color, so I got a skin here...

http://dell.skinit.com/index.php?affiliate=dhs_leftnav&~ck=anavml

You can get just about anything you want- even your own design- and order by your model.

They are easy to apply, and if you want to change your look later on it's easy to do.

November 29th, 2008 10:00

Do you happen to know if the skins void the warranty??

4.6K Posts

November 29th, 2008 14:00

Welcome to the forums FireGirl854 :emotion-5:

To my knowledge, the only thing which would void your warranty, is opening up the laptop, and messing around with the insides?

And most skins available, are very quickly and easily removed anyway.

That said... if you do decide to order skins, just make sure that that the ones you get can be removed.

There are plenty of places selling skins, so if the place you're considering getting them from doesn't specifically state they can removed easily, look elsewhere :emotion-55:

381 Posts

November 30th, 2008 17:00

Well, I can tell you from experience, that the skins at Skin-It can be removed; they leave no residue and don't damage the surface of the lid.

They do tell you that it might not stick as well if you decide to put it back on later, though.

I love mine... I get compliments on it all the time.

Here's mine:

November 30th, 2008 20:00

Thanks everyone for your help.  I had already ordered one and then thought of the warranty thing.  I appreciate the help

No Events found!