ADR1337
1 Copper

Changed BIOS, now laptop does not even show Dell logo at startup.

Hey everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5559 with windows 10 installed, and I wanted to create a dual boot by installing ubuntu. Prior to installation of Ubuntu, I wanted to test what would happen if I disabled the "secure" boot option in my BIOS and changed the boot loader from UEFI to Legacy. I changed this, saved as custom user and restarted.

Result: my laptop is powered on, but only gives a black screen and not even the initial Dell logo pops up. The battery light is blinking in this sequence: 2x orange and 7x white light.

I can't enter BIOS (I tried bashing many buttons).

If I insert a bootable USB stick (installer of Ubuntu in my case), after 2 loud beeps it will boot from this USB, but I'm still unable to get into BIOS or select boot options.

I tried resetting the BIOS by removing the coin battery, and draining power by pressing the power button, but nothing happened.

when I press the "Fn" button while powering on, it results in 3 beeps, then 1 beep, and finally 5 beeps.

Pressing Ctrl + Esc while plugging in the A/C adapter does not help.

Does anyone know how make my laptop boot again, any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Arne

Tags (2)
0 Kudos