Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2016 11:00

Charger LED doesn't turn off while unplugged?

Hey, I've got a weird little thing going on and I was wondering if it's anything to be concerned about. I've already tried googling it and found one answer, but.

So I've got a new Inspirion 3000 11", had it since Dec 9. The charger has an LED light that obviously lights up while the laptop is plugged in and charging, and everything seems fine on that end. Initially, the light would go off within a few seconds once the charger was unplugged, but I've noticed the time getting longer. First it was just a few minutes, and last night it was almost an hour before the light turned off. There was no power to the charger at all, it was unplugged at both ends.

Is this a sign of a bad charger, or nothing to worry about? Thanks in advance.

2K Posts

December 26th, 2016 13:00

Hi SKYSCORCHED,

What is the exact system model? Do you connect the adapter directly to the wall socket or is there a surge protector?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in.

If the adapter is charging the battery fine and does not heat up, I would say it is nothing to be worried about as the functionality is achieved.

Review this similar article - https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/000125125

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!