Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2013 19:00

Charger

Most of the time when I plug my charger into my computer, an error message will pop up saying "Power type cannot be determined. Plug in a charger that is 65 watts or more" My charger is the original one I got with the computer. It wont die even when its plugged in. It just won't charge. I've only had it for 3 months.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 1st, 2013 14:00

If you've only had the system three months, it's under warranty - call Dell and have the adapter replaced under warranty.

4.4K Posts

January 31st, 2013 21:00

Hi  djfaieta,

If possible try a different Dell charger of the same watt(65 watt) and see if you continue to get the same message with a different charger.If the other charger works fine without  the error then its an issue with the charger which needs to be replaced and if you get the same warning message with the other charger also then it may be an issue with the system board.

Let me know after trying a different charger.

Thank You

5 Posts

February 1st, 2013 14:00

Great thank you very much. I will buy a new one and try it out. After I do that, I'll post back and let you know what happens .

4.4K Posts

February 1st, 2013 20:00

Hi  djfaieta,

If required as ejn63 suggested you can get the charger replaced under warranty .I just wanted to you to try a different charger (may be borrow from friend or family who uses a similar charger).

You don't have to buy a new charger.If you're not able to find another charger to try,private message me your system Service Tag number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will check your system warranty details and get back to you.

Thank You

5 Posts

February 2nd, 2013 12:00

I will ask around if anyone has the same charger I can borrow. Thank you all so much. You've been a lot of help.

No Events found!