Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 17:00

Chip Set drivers and Dell Notebook System Software

I have run across a few posts on the forums in which customers just reimaged their systems and were experiencing various issues after the reimage.  These issues did not occur before the reimage.  I wanted to go over Driver installation and point out two drivers that are often overlooked.

Just to be thorough I am including a link for instructions on performing manual reinstalls for XP, Vista and Win 7.  I am repeating the first two drivers that should be installed after the reinstall.

Notebook System Software (NSS) - For both Windows XP and Windows 7 one file is crucial. The Notebook System Software files.  They are typically found in System Utilities category on the drivers and download page and they should be installed first before any other driver.  The NSS (XP, Win7) and chipset drivers are one and two and should not be skipped. 

Chipset Drivers - these are drivers to make sure that Windows will be able to command the full functionality of the system board.

Suggested orders for the remaining drivers are as follows.

• Video
  • Network interface card
  • Audio drivers
  • Dial up modem
  • Wireless network card
  • Input device drivers (touchpad, track stick, mice and keyboards)
  • Other devices (Bluetooth, wireless mobro cards, pcmcia/ smartcards)

All drivers can be downloaded from the Dell Drivers and Download page

If you have recently reimaged your system and are having issues.  If you have not installed either the NSS or chipset drivers I certainly suggest doing so.  It is better that they are installed first but you may be able to resolve the issues without having to reimage the system again.  I hope that this helps.

No Responses!
No Events found!