Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2010 13:00

Choppy audio after reboot of Inspiron 6400 laptop

Okay, here's the situation:

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop, the audio is all choppy and jumpy whenever I try and watch or listen to anything on my laptop. I have had a look through the sticied thread on this issue, but nothin in there helped me, so please don't just direct me to that thread.

So, I had to do a clean install of windows as I had so many viruses/malware/spyware etc etc on my machine, so I bought a copy of Windows XP, and windows has installed fine, the laptop is clean and I have downloaded all the drivers that I needed, in device manager it is sayin everything is installed and working properly, but the audio isn't working properly, but it was yesterday when it was ful of viruses and stuff.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers about 10 times, and it is always the same, I have downloaded multiple times in case of a corrupt download.

According to my System Information under components > sound device the name of my device is Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec

On the dell website after puttin in my Service Tag, it says SOFTWARE INTEGRATED SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY.

The drivers I have downloaded and installed are :

Creative Labs Driver - R127097

Sigmatel driver - R171789

If anyone has any idea how I can fix this sound issue it would be greatly appreciated.

November 22nd, 2012 13:00

Hi, unfortunately i'm having the same problem. i have an inspiron 6400 with choppy audio while playing any video or music. I've reinstalled 3 times the entire system.  In the last one i did a full format and reinstallation the entire system and the laptop works well d(no choppy audio and pretty fast) for about 3 weeks. After 3 weeks sudenly  the problem came back with the same symptoms.  I really need help

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 16:00

Choppy/Skippy Audio FAQ.

I have expanded it since this thread began. I don't have any new suggestions that are not in the faq.

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 17:00

Have you already tried to play music with a cd inside the drive?

lol

My D520 had this problem and I found this solution on the web. Dont have this link now.

No Events found!