Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 24th, 2014 22:00

Click right btton problem in dell inspiron 15

Hello all technicians and experts,

I have a problem with my dell inspiron 15 3537. I installed win 7 x64 and there is a problem with touchpad. the right click is not working when I press two fingers. i.e. when i press two fingers in any file, its not opening options menu.  however, with two fingers, it does all scrolling. it also works with three and four fingers. Please guide me what steps should I take to clear this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

4 Posts

January 28th, 2014 14:00

I found the solution... Yeeee..

I installed two finger scroll and it worked....

friends.. this is the link for it..

http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/downloads/list

and this is the post where its clearly explained.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-enable-two-finger-tap-for-right-click-in-windows/

also Found the solution here by changing the registry.

1. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + r, enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

2. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

3. Next in the right pane, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3

4. As a bonus, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

cheers.....

943 Posts

January 25th, 2014 03:00

Hi Nirmaan,

Thanks for reaching us out on Dell community forum.

I would suggest you to install the touchpad drivers from the link mentioned below and see if that help. Ensure to select correct Operating System before you start installation:

http://dell.to/19Ug0vz

Please feel free to revert for any clarification.  

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

4 Posts

January 25th, 2014 06:00

Hi Prateek,

Well thank you so much for your reply. I would like to inform you that I already installed my drivers from the way which you showed me. when it didn't worked, I even downloaded the other option which is available for download.

please help me. Thank you in advance.

943 Posts

January 28th, 2014 06:00

Hi Nirmaan,

Thanks for the reply.

I would suggest you to boot the system in “Safe Mode with Networking” and check if it works fine in Safe Mode.  To boot the computer in Safe Mode, please switch on the computer and start tapping the F8 key which would take you to Advanced Boot Option screen. Using the up and down arrow key, select “Safe Mode” to boot the computer into Safe Mode. If the touchpad works fine, you may uninstall/reinstall the touchpad drivers and restart your computer.

Please revert with the results.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Here for Dell support videos.

4 Posts

January 28th, 2014 13:00

Hi Prateek,

I did tried that as well.. but its not working still.

touch pad is doing all its functions in windows.. even multi gestures as well. scrolling with two fingers as well. but just right click in windows is not working. I installed windows 8 before windows 7 this and it was working fine. I also checked in Linux and its working fine as well. I installed mouse drivers many times but this is not helping..

943 Posts

January 29th, 2014 03:00

Hi Nirmaan,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to know that the issue has been resolvedJ. If further help is required do let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

No Events found!