Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2015 09:00

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems

Hey Community,

A few days ago I have encountered an error, where my laptop's (Dell Vostro 5470) discrete video card (NVIDIA GeForce GT740M) stopped working and got the error code 43 in Event Viewer.

OP System: Windows 10 with latest updates

The symptom was the following: I went to the drivers site of Dell and updated my drivers to the latest version, including BIOS, chipset, and so on. When I did setup all the updates, everytime I logged into Windows I got "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" BSOD. Wow, that wasn't the thing I expect after an upgrade. I have downgraded the chipset and video card drivers but still got the same error message. So my last chance was to do a clean install...
I let Windows to get all the drivers (they were newer than on Dell's site). However the BSOD (video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error) went away, another critical problem arise. My laptop doesn't have NVIDIA driver. What?! I went to NVIDA's site and installed the latest driver. Nothing. The NVIDIA Control Panel appeared in the Control Panel, but when I wanted to open it, nothing happened, except one thing: It freezes your Desktop and only a restart can resolve the problem. OK, let's dig the internet! I tried many many many things which were written to forums but none of them helped me.

At the end I finally figured it out by myself. Here are my steps which helped me to make my graphics card work:

• I have installed 359.00 driver. It didn't work.
  • I have removed it with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU for short)
  • I have installed 355.60 driver. It works!

Maybe it is not going to work for everyone, but who knows? Maybe you should give it a try. If it didn't help, you can check the other solutions on the internet.

Cheers!

No Responses!
No Events found!