Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2016 02:00

Complex issue involving my AC power adapter

I own a Rocketfish 90W AC Adapter, which I purchased about two years ago.  It's hard enough to begin with; I occasionally unplug the unit, so when the battery reaches 90 percent, the power light remains on even when the adapter is plugged back in.

Every time it has happened, the fix has been simple: Reboot my Dell Inspiron, unplug the adapter, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

That is, until last week.  I traveled from suburban Los Angeles to Denver; when I arrived at my hotel room, I plugged the Rocketfish into one of the hotel's wall unit; when I did, I got this message:

"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined.  Your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge.  Please connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher for best system operation."

And since I've returned home, the message has persisted.  My only conclusion is that the power supply the hotel uses is different than the one I have at home, causing the program to return an error message every time I attempt to charge the battery.

If so, how do I reset the QuickSet utility and/or the adapter to make sure they work properly?

No Responses!
No Events found!