Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2017 09:00

Computer Stays Awake

My computer will restart when going into sleep mode and even after shutting down. I need this to stop because it is wasting my battery. I changed the sleep mode settings in power options and changed reboot properties in Task Scheduler for the computer not to restart automatically.

I need to fix this problem ASAP

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 6th, 2017 12:00

Post the exact model computer and operating system to get a quicker answer.

10 Posts

February 6th, 2017 12:00

Dell XPS 15 9550 Windows 10 Home x64

9.4K Posts

February 7th, 2017 06:00

Hi JPlugaru,

Thanks for posting.  Try this:

GO to Power options (Right Click on battery) - select Choose what closing the lid does (on the left)- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable - and down Shutdown settings uncheck the first option (something with Fast Reboot).  

If that's not working, try disabling WiFi from having power mgmt control in device manager. Windows 10 may be checking for updates.

10 Posts

February 7th, 2017 17:00

Hi Robert, I updated my BIOS and it seemed to fix the issue. Not sure how the issue was related to BIOS but the update fixed my problem.

10 Posts

February 27th, 2017 17:00

I am reporting back to state that my computer still randomly restarts. The BIOS reinstall is only a temporary fix. My computer will completely shut down after being in sleep mode for several minutes resulting in lost work and a dead battery when I need it most. This is completely unacceptable as this is a $2,200 computer and am experiencing these issues. I hope that there is a fix for this or else I cannot recommend this brand of computers to anybody.

10 Posts

March 13th, 2017 17:00

I've had this computer for 5 months and it has been nothing but problems. Computer won't shut down/sleep/hibernate as it will automatically restart and now I'm having a problem where when I close the lid for 10 minutes instead of waking up it restarts, losing all my work. Then there's the screen flicker issue. And how about the internet connections dropping randomly. I am completely disappointed and extremely frustrated in this product and feel as if I have been robbed of my money. Not worth a single penny of the $2,200 I spent for ***. I have been working with Dell support for over two months now and they still have not been able to resolve my issue. Even after reinstalling the operating system I have plenty of issues with it. I gave Dell a second chance but seems as if I stand corrected; they continue to produce junk and rip people off with their ***. Not sure if anybody else has had these problems but this is unacceptable

No Events found!