Highlighted
2 Bronze

Computer fails to respond on time when waken up from Sleep/Standby mode

I haven't had this computer long, and immediately it started giving me trouble. When I wake it up from sleep/standby mode, it takes it a while for the keyboard/touchpad/mouse to respond to the computer. This happens at the login screen where I go to put in my code. When this happens, the mouse cursor gets stuck and then the sticky key window pops up asking me if I want to use them.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Computer fails to respond on time when waken up from Sleep/Standby mode

Can you tell us more about your problem? You may have trouble accessing your hard disk from your computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I will try my best to explain this again. I thought that when I first explained it, it would have made sense. The problem is that ever since I have had this computer (I received it 2 weeks ago), not long after taking it out of the box it started giving me problems. It is a laptop, so the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond in time to the screen when it has waken up from sleep/hibernation. I hope this makes better sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Thallium

Hi Jessse Williams,

Thanks for posting. I believe what they are asking for is your computers model number, so they can make a more accurate diagnosis and troubleshooting.

Also, since you've only had the computer for 2 weeks, have you tried calling Tech Support?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Yes, I have called Tech Support. They did some driver updates and tests to it, and that didn't fix the problem. Finally, they told me to reset the computer (Operating System) back to defaults and that did seem to clear up the problem a little bit. After the reset, I haven't loaded anything back on it yet. I haven't even updated the drivers from Dell Update yet either. I think Dell Update may have been one of the problems. I am not sure. I told Tech Support that I would continue to monitor it let them know how it does. As far as the model number, it is a Inspiron 15-3552. 3552 I believe is the model number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Can someone continue to help me out with this?

0 Kudos