Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2010 15:00

Computer stops responding then loud endless beep

Dell Inspiron 1501 has audio problem where sound only comes out of speakers plugged into audio jack. had it diagnosed and understand it is pretty common to have the hi def audio go on these machines. that not the problem but when I run the machine it boots ok then after a few minutes there is no CPU activity nothing will respond, the mouse arrow moves but no programs open, the slider bar desnt work nothing works no input responds adn if you click anything you then get a piercing loud endless beep untill you force shutdown.?   It had some spyware cleaned by a professional about a month ago and has been fine since only go on craigs list and ebay. do you think it is hardware or software? Any ideas? not much on this on google search.  thanks MM

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 9th, 2010 05:00

MM,

Try posting your question on the Laptop General Hardware Board for a better chance at getting an answer specific to your situation. You might get an answer here on the Laptop Audio Board but more eyes will see your post on the other board.

I don't think you have an audio issue. What I would do is to use PC Restore as explained on page 84 of the 1501 Owner's Manual (if you have the original hard drive and if the hidden restore partition has never been wiped). This will fix all software & configuration problems so any remaining problems will be the hardware.

No Events found!