tomurphy
1 Copper

Re: [Confirmed Issue] IDT Audio Application is broken [Win7 64bit]

i just wanted to add that i am having similar problems with the newest 32 bit IDT audio drivers... i upgraded an inspiron 1525  from windows vista 32 bit,  to windows 7 32 bit and both  Skype and Audacity have major audio issues .  In Audacity,  the record function is totally broken even with line in connected to headphone out  jack...in Skype the audio out constantly drops out. Skype and Audacity had both worked fine before the upgrade to windows 7.  After a fair amount of research on various forum sites, this seems to be a fairly common occurance with windows 7 and sigmatel / IDT chips especially  the  SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio drivers.

weeks ago the hdmi sound out was broken too, but  I got it fixed by checking out these forums and upgrading to newer intel hdmi drivers that came out a week or two after the official release of windows 7.  I hope a fix for the IDT drivers can be found  in as timely a fashion..

0 Kudos
linuxpirates
1 Copper

Re: [Confirmed Issue] IDT Audio Application is broken [Win7 64bit]

I have the same problem and it's annoying the hell out of me. Furthermore, IDT audio detects my external speakers as headphones. When i click on the jack icon to change it, the window flashes and returns to headphone 'mode'. Does anyone else get that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rck213
1 Copper

Re: IDT Audio constantly crashing, taking out Skype as well as playback [Win7 64bit]

I fixed this issue by control panel/sound/ default speakers/properties/enhancements.....disable enhancements

Before I did this I contacted Dell by e-mail several times.   Uninstalled and reinstalled IDT driver.....stll would get freezes when using any media program...

Then Dell suggested I call  tech support , for a "small fee"....no way....New computer with clean install of Windows 7....I searched the net and found above suggestion.

Haven't had a frozen program for several weeks now.

0 Kudos
evets90
1 Nickel

Re: IDT Audio constantly crashing, taking out Skype as well as playback [Win7 64bit]

Can you confirm that this stops Skype from freezing/screwing up and also lets you use both headphone jacks?

0 Kudos
lochness13
1 Copper

This poster is right. I think I managed to fix the issue from within Skype.

In Skype, under General > Audio Settings > Ringing, I selected "use default speaker" instead of "ring on all devices" and now my notifications don't interrupt WMP. Someone else confirm that this indeed works? it seems strange that the notifications are classified as rings.

Hope it works for you guys!

Cheers

0 Kudos
rck213
1 Copper

I do not use SKYPE but none of my multimedia applications or flash player freeze up anymore

Both headphone jacks work fine

0 Kudos
evets90
1 Nickel

Well, it sort of works, it has fixed the skype freezing issue (mainly), but I still find that my entire computer will just halt occasionally and I have to kill Skype.exe for anything to get going again quickly. What we found was a slight fix, but the root cause of the problem is still there and still is messing things up.

I really hope Dell sees this and corrects this.

0 Kudos
rck213
1 Copper

I agree, there's some problem with the IDT driver but so far they are not acknowledging it...Had several e-mail correspondences with them.  They gave up telling me it was a software issue and I needed to call Tech support for a FEE......brand new computer, no way

Before that we went through all the reconfiguration, reinstallation etc that the first level tech usually recommends and we got nowhere causing me to search for an answer myself

I was trying to use Tweetdeck and found like you do with SKYPE that there were still intermittant issues.  None with other media programs yet.

0 Kudos

I got a brand new computer, studio 1747, and it came preloaded with windows 7 and the IDT driver and x-Fi MB. Anyway my sound was working then suddenly the sound stopped working at all and I cannot get it back. The preboot diagnostics say that the computer is good but the audio wont play once the computer is booted.

0 Kudos
andrewireland
1 Copper

ive just got a studio 1555 and have had loads of trouble with this idt driver when i first bought it last month 5.1 surrond rear speakers would not work at all eventuallyt they just started working no idea why java videos like youtube or any website with any form of java freeze's sometimes (i wasnt sure if that was graphics because the ati driver says beta) but reading this confirms its the sound driver also skype if i have headphones in or 5.1 on crashes my itunes and kills pretty much everything else sound related 😞 by hell its annoying!

0 Kudos