Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2013 11:00

Confused by bluetooth on my Studio 1555

Hi

I recently bought a new speaker to connect wirelessly to my laptop as both my headphone sockets have snapped off (not massively impressed by the build quality on them). I thought it had bluetooth but now I am not sure.

I dont appear to have a key for it anywhere that I can see so am thinking not.

Is there a way of finding out for sure if it is installed and if not is it easy to get it installed?

I have tried finding out info on this site but it wont recognise my service tag or my order number for some reason.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2013 01:00

Hi woffolio,

Please private message me your system Service Tag and Express Service Code number.To private message click on my user name and click start conversation.

I will try to check your original system configuration and confirm if the system was configured with a bluetooth card.

Thank You

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 8th, 2013 03:00

Easiest thing to do is add a micro-USB bluetooth adapter - for example:

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 7th, 2013 12:00

Look in the control panel under Device Manager -- if you don't see an entry for Bluetooth (and don't see any devices with drivers missing), you do not have bluetooth.

3 Posts

May 7th, 2013 13:00

Thanks for that :-) Yes it would appear I don't have anything installed. Any advice on what I need and best place to buy? Presumably some kind of Bluetooth card? If this is the case are they relatively easy to install? Thanks

3 Posts

May 8th, 2013 06:00

ejn63 wrote the following post at 05-08-2013 3:18 AM:

Easiest thing to do is add a micro-USB bluetooth adapter - for example:

Thanks again. I will get on that as not as much as i thought would be.

Dell Roshan - Thanks I will PM you details later when I am home from work. I had no luck putting them into the search functionality. I am pretty sure as above I never had it but as I just did complete reinstall of everything I may have uninstalled things and not put them back on.

Thanks

No Events found!