jutamind
1 Copper

Connect Dell Latitude E6500 to HDReady CRT TV using VGA to component video cable

Hi,

I'm connecting my Win 7 Latitude E6500 to my Sony HDReady CRT TV using a VGA to component video cable to the 2nd component video port of the TV and 3.5mm jack to RCA cable for audio. For my TV, I've switched to HD/DVD2 channel and i cant seem to get any video display.

I've changed the resolution to the highest possible but still cannot get any display, even after i toggle the display using Fn F8 (duplicate display). I do get the audio from the TV. How do i get the video displayed on my TV?

Appreciate some help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Connect Dell Latitude E6500 to HDReady CRT TV using VGA to component video cable

Well, you are not going to get this particular configuration to work EVER.

I don't know who told you that a VGA to component video cablle was the answer.

If you are actually committed to making this work and are willing to spend $$ more than a mere cable, then let us know.

0 Kudos
jutamind
1 Copper

Re: Connect Dell Latitude E6500 to HDReady CRT TV using VGA to component video cable

yes please let me know how to make this work? i read that vga to component converter box might do it. how much does this cost?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

0 Kudos