Can someone please tell me how to connect a Dell Latitude E6410 to

a HGTV?

Thanks You,

Tom

• 

16.7K Posts

August 4th, 2016 09:00

TomPotterco,

I think HGTV is a channel on the television. However, I think i understand you are wanting to connect your Laptop to your HDTV. Below are some tutorials that may help you get this setup. Your computer has an IEEE1394 4 pin connector as well as One 15-pins VGA video port  and One Display port. I do not know what connections your TV has. 

How to connect a laptop to TV: Connect laptop to TV via HDMI | Connect laptop to TV wirelessly | Connect laptop to TV | How to view your laptop screen on a TV

IEEE1394 to TV

Beginner Geek: How to Connect a Laptop to a Television

If your TV has an HDMI connection you can get a 

DP (DisplayPort) Male to HDMI® Female Adapter

DisplayPort is the newest digital display interface standard introduced by VESA. The format supports both digital video and audio. Here is a simple solution for connecting your DisplayPort equipped devices using HDMI® cables to your exisiting HDMI® devices. This simple adapter is all you need to convert from one format to the other.

Note: This is a passive adapter. While DisplayPort connectors are capable of passing an HDMI® signal, DisplayPort and HDMI® signals are basically different and not compatible with each other. This adapter does not actively convert a DisplayPort signal into an HDMI® signal. In order for this adapter to function properly, you must have a DisplayPort source device capable of producing and passing out an HDMI® signal through the DisplayPort jack.

August 4th, 2016 09:00

Jesse,

Indeed, "HGTV" is a TV program - LOL!!! All the acronyms we deal with these days could drive a person insane.  :O)  Thanks so much for all the info u supplied. Really appreciate it! I will check it out.

Thanks Again......Tom  :O)

7 Posts

October 10th, 2016 01:00

I have basically the same question as TomPotterCo, but in trying to follow the suggestions I've run into a problem with the TV getting no signal, although the E6410 sees it's there. My HDTV has 3 HDMI inputs. I've tried 2 DP to HDMI adapters (one passive and one active) with 3 different HDMI cables, and on each of the TV's 3 ports.I've tried with both Windows 10 and Linux (Mint 18).

Both OS's detect the TV being connected, and Linux reports what video modes/resolutions it can handle, but  I consistently get "no signal" on the TV. My E6410 has the Intel HD Graphics installed, not the nVidia option. In short, the computer sees the TV, but it seems it's sending neither video nor audio out of the display port.

Yes, I've tried using the display selection utilities on both OS's to direct the signal to the DP port - neither works, and Windows says the change can't be saved. I've also tried updating the video drivers (and rolling back to older versions) to no avail.  I'm stumped......

No Events found!